Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 60D Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does anyone still have access to the Model X design studio? I canceled my reservation and ordered an S instead so I don't have access any longer but I'm wondering what the equivalent pricing is for the extras.

They announced the MX 60D last night with pricing in OZ. The price is $130,087.20 in Victoria inc taxes and on road costs for base model and from memory it was $7500 for the 7 seat version. so then that's $137,587.20.

Is anyone able to check if that's actually the case?

My feeling is that the 60D on the X isn't quite enough range to be fully comfortable. They are saying 350km but we know that will probably be a stretch. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go for the 75 in the X for the range limitation but the S seems fine at 75.

Anyway be good to see some comparisons all the same.

Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 7.11.41 PM.png

• Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: Xwing and houdini
No worries Xwing!

ShockOnT, I jumped through that portal again and here's a list of extras:
Auto Pilot $3600; Premium Upgrade Package $6500; Smart Air Suspension $3600; Subzero Weather Package $1450; Ultra High Fidelity Sound $3600; Towing Package $1100; Accessory Hitch $300; High Amperage Charger Upgrade $2200

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.06.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 10.06.14 PM.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 40
No worries Xwing!

ShockOnT, I jumped through that portal again and here's a list of extras:
Auto Pilot $3600; Premium Upgrade Package $6500; Smart Air Suspension $3600; Subzero Weather Package $1450; Ultra High Fidelity Sound $3600; Towing Package $1100; Accessory Hitch $300; High Amperage Charger Upgrade $2200
Thanks for that! Intriguing that the premium package is more than the equivalent for the MS, I suppose there's more car to do.

quick question: what happens after you configure in the design studio? Does it then lock in that config and then some days later you have to commit or something? I'm trying to gauge if you put in a reservation now when you would likely get an idea of when you might get it delivered. I know it's a stretch hoping to get clarity around when a reservation/order/config/confirm equates to a delivery date but I can hope. As seems to have happened in the US there might be an argument for not putting down the 6 Grand deposit but rather waiting until the "normal" design studio opens to the public and then just ordering then.

quick question: what happens after you configure in the design studio? Does it then lock in that config and then some days later you have to commit or something? I'm trying to gauge if you put in a reservation now when you would likely get an idea of when you might get it delivered. I know it's a stretch hoping to get clarity around when a reservation/order/config/confirm equates to a delivery date but I can hope. As seems to have happened in the US there might be an argument for not putting down the 6 Grand deposit but rather waiting until the "normal" design studio opens to the public and then just ordering then.

Hey Houdini,

What happened with my order process was the following:

1 July - placed reservation and paid the $6k
6 July - invited to configure (design studio opened up)
14 July - Order confirmed.

When I payed my reservation on the 1st of July they emailed me the following "You will be invited to configure your Model X in the order of your reservation. New reservations have a delivery estimate of the second half of 2016. "
However, after speaking to Taylor today @ Tesla St Leonards, she looked up my order and said I more likely to receive delivery early next year.

Looking at the Tesla reservation page on their website, they are saying delivery early half of 2017.

Hope that helps

• Helpful
Reactions: Novatec

quick answer: after you pay your initial deposit, you can configure to your heart's content and not be required to commit...so long as you don't click "NEXT, which is where I'm at, and have been for a while until I see the car, hopefully imported here in the next 2 months.:cool:

Hey Houdini,

What happened with my order process was the following:
1 July - placed reservation and paid the $6k
6 July - invited to configure (design studio opened up)
14 July - Order confirmed.
Looking at the Tesla reservation page on their website, they are saying delivery early half of 2017.

Hope that helps

Thanks, pretty cool it happens fast. now if only the deliveries could! :)

quick answer: after you pay your initial deposit, you can configure to your heart's content and not be required to commit...so long as you don't click "NEXT, which is where I'm at, and have been for a while until I see the car, hopefully imported here in the next 2 months.:cool:

Good tip. I'm guessing it gets you in the running and then if you like the car after the test drive you confirm. As if you're not going to like it! :)

Reactions: PaulW
Hey PaulW is that a X you are waiting to click next, hoping to see in 2 months? If so, what makes you think it will be here in that time frame?

Hi OzSimon, I had a call about a week ago from a Tesla Support lady asking if I needed assistance. I said I was waiting to see one, and asked regarding that becoming a reality, and she said "in 2 months", and that she will add me to her list of contacts when one lands here...so bit of a waiting game. Also, my missus is a little concerned with how wide it will be, so hopefully we can overcome that stumbling block.;)