Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 60D Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! And welcome to the family.

Advertised original range was 200 miles, so yours has approx 16% degradation. While high it’s much less than the 30% figure Tesla uses to replace Model 3 batteries under warranty. You can drive down to 20% and charge to 90% a few times to see if it calibrates the range better.

Maybe you can put some 18” aero rims on it to grab 5% back.

• Helpful
Reactions: KerryOH
Congrats! And welcome to the family.

Advertised original range was 200 miles, so yours has approx 16% degradation. While high it’s much less than the 30% figure Tesla uses to replace Model 3 batteries under warranty. You can drive down to 20% and charge to 90% a few times to see if it calibrates the range better.

Maybe you can put some 18” aero rims on it to grab 5% back.
I see thanks. So does that mean the range I'm getting now is "OK" or "expected" after 3-4 years?

I see thanks. So does that mean the range I'm getting now is "OK" or "expected" after 3-4 years?
I don’t have any data on the X60D, but I’d say 16% degradation after 3-4 years is a little high but not crazy high. I’ve read to expect 5% in the first year then a few percent a year after that. If I find any real
data I will share it here. Look for battery range threads for other vehicles and just apply it to yours, like 4 year old model S or X90D.

Reactions: Barre
Ok, thanks. But does it show on the dashboard 110 miles when it's 90 %? or does it show more but you only get 110 miles?
What shows on the dash is just the rated range. It should be viewed as a whole different unit than actual miles. Especially in the winter, you will not be able to travel the rated range.

If your rated range shows 168 miles, I expect you to be able to travel between 100 and 130 miles, depending on details of conditions and your comfort with how low of a SOC to run it to. In the summer, actual range will improve some, but the rated range shown on your display will not change. It is not a “distance to empty.” Pull up the energy plot on the touchscreen to see better approximations of distance to empty.

Ok, thanks. But does it show on the dashboard 110 miles when it's 90 %? or does it show more but you only get 110 miles?

Thats based on my driving habits and car not being preheated. So if i was to head out without preheat i would get around 99-110 miles. When i preheat while charging that can go up potentially to like 150 miles give or take. So this morning on a regular run with no preheat i was getting 500-600wh/mile with heat on, once the battery got warm it dropped to like 400 wh/m

Reactions: Barre
If yes, than No, I'm not able to do that.. I can't see the upgrade button in the website.
There really isn’t a very good reason to unlock a 60 to the full 75 battery especially for the price they were charging back when it was available. I think Tesla unlocks all the traded in locked 60’s now but only if they own them. Using the 60 daily at 100 percent is actually just as good or better than what you get by setting a 75 to the recommended daily 90 percent. It isn’t detrimental to full charge the 60 to 100 percent daily while it is to fully charge the 75 daily because the buffer is always there and that last little bit of charging the 75 takes forever to top it off. I only have Performance Teslas and if they offered discounts to have locked my cars comparable to the huge discount they gave on the 60’s I’d have software locked mine. The software locked cars were a gift when new because you got pretty much all the benefits of the bigger battery at the price of a smaller one without the disappointments. The amazing part of a 60 is when you supercharge and it charges fast all the way to its max unlike any other Tesla. My sons first Tesla was a 2016 S60 software locked and it was a great car, it looked virtually identical to the brand new Performance S’s we currently drive, I regret selling it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kotykb and Barre
What shows on the dash is just the rated range. It should be viewed as a whole different unit than actual miles. Especially in the winter, you will not be able to travel the rated range.

If your rated range shows 168 miles, I expect you to be able to travel between 100 and 130 miles, depending on details of conditions and your comfort with how low of a SOC to run it to. In the summer, actual range will improve some, but the rated range shown on your display will not change. It is not a “distance to empty.” Pull up the energy plot on the touchscreen to see better approximations of distance to empty.
That's the thing.. 168 on the display when it's 100% feels not right.

Last edited: