Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 60D upgrade option not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 Model X 60D and with the recent tesla account site update they removed the upgrade option for my vehicle.

It's very frustrating that they have made it super difficult to reach support to find answers.

I was at the service center and asked them about the upgrade and they are now saying that my car has a 60kwh battery and it's not upgradable. Only option is to change the battery and that's not available at this time.

This is the most weird explanation from the service center. Upgrade option was available for me until 2 weeks ago when they changed their site.

Is anyone else running into the same issue?

This might be due to some of the recent software changes. A lot of people lost usable capacity. Going from a 60D to a 75D technically raises it from 200mi to 237. But if the 75Ds are getting say 207....why deal with the potential customer headache and complaints?

There’s really no other engineering time. The software loads OTA, and there’s no SC time needed with the car. Speaking from experiencing of moving 2x 60Ds to 75Ds

I have a 2016 Model X 60D and with the recent tesla account site update they removed the upgrade option for my vehicle.

It's very frustrating that they have made it super difficult to reach support to find answers.

I was at the service center and asked them about the upgrade and they are now saying that my car has a 60kwh battery and it's not upgradable. Only option is to change the battery and that's not available at this time.

This is the most weird explanation from the service center. Upgrade option was available for me until 2 weeks ago when they changed their site.

also gone for me, I’d probs let jump in at $2000, but now that battery prices have fallen not sure I’d pay the $4500 they were asking anyhow

Same thing happened on my account last year, I actually saved the link because it was on my Tesla Login page then kept going away. Anyways I would suggest to strongly stay way from upgrading the X to 75D from 60D, personally it is worth it on the model S as its only a 2k option but for the X it is soooo not worth paying $4500 for an upgrade you will hardly use. (Paid $6,600 Canadian after tax & USD conversion)

The only thing that was slightly worth it was my car was corked and by the battery upgrade I shaved a second after uncorking on my 0-60 time.

Currently charging a 60D to 100% will give you 60kWh to use, after upgrading my car only show'd 69 usable kWH but that is if you actually charge it to the 100% on the 75D. Now on my Remote Tesla app it is only showing 67.5 kWH usable on my Model X, not even a full 70 and never was a full 75.

If I currently charge to 90% I will only have 60.75wkh to use which is the exact same thing I had before the upgrade. Also charging to 100% on the 60D is way faster, getting that last 10wkh charged puts more stress on the battery and takes an additional 25 mins at the supercharger.

10000000% a SCAM in my opinion

• Informative
Reactions: Terthen