Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 7 Seat alternative Mercedes Benz EQS SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jhonnyXives

Red/Black July 2021 LR 7 Seat FSD
Aug 20, 2019
MA
Since this morning our Model X EDD pushed to Dec'22-Apr'23, We have been thinking of alternatives, has anyone thought of the EQS SUV since that will be also a 7 seater? I know Rivan R1S is there as well but from what I have been seeing it might be 2024 before they start delivering on scale. We had a model X and sold it in June 2021 because someone was offering insane cash value for our car close to what we bought it for and got a smaller car in the mean time which seemed like would be 5 months. Close to 1 year now and looks like it might be pushed to 2023.

I do not want to move to gas car, I already have the one and i can't stand to stop at gas pumps every now and then and going for maintenance every 6 months for oil change.

Since this morning our Model X EDD pushed to Dec'22-Apr'23, We have been thinking of alternatives, has anyone thought of the EQS SUV since that will be also a 7 seater? I know Rivan R1S is there as well but from what I have been seeing it might be 2024 before they start delivering on scale. We had a model X and sold it in June 2021 because someone was offering insane cash value for our car close to what we bought it for and got a smaller car in the mean time which seemed like would be 5 months. Close to 1 year now and looks like it might be pushed to 2023.

I do not want to move to gas car, I already have the one and i can't stand to stop at gas pumps every now and then and going for maintenance every 6 months for oil change.
It'll adjust back and it shouldn't be much longer. Just be patient.

Reactions: The Enterprise
It'll adjust back and it shouldn't be much longer. Just be patient.
The best things in life are worth waiting for. Can’t see myself in anything but an EV. Can’t choose an EV without being a Tesla. Love all Tesla models but the Model X is exceptional 🤗. Since you would keep it for several years, it’s worth the wait but I suspect they will deliver sooner than the EDD.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Wanted to bring this topic back. I have had a Model X since 2016, another in 2018, and waiting for the refresh with EDD Sept-Nov 2022. I recently replaced my Model 3 Performance with a Taycan GTS. I am now considering the EQS SUV. It seems like a very nice car all around, but my concern is storage space. The EQS SUV does not have a frunk and the frunk alone for my Model X fits a lot of stuff when we go camping. Now if the EQS SUV trunk was bigger maybe the lack of frunk is not a concern, but looking at youtube videos the EQS SUV trunk doesn't seem all that big either. Does anyone have a EQS SUV on order?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Wanted to bring this topic back. I have had a Model X since 2016, another in 2018, and waiting for the refresh with EDD Sept-Nov 2022. I recently replaced my Model 3 Performance with a Taycan GTS. I am now considering the EQS SUV. It seems like a very nice car all around, but my concern is storage space. The EQS SUV does not have a frunk and the frunk alone for my Model X fits a lot of stuff when we go camping. Now if the EQS SUV trunk was bigger maybe the lack of frunk is not a concern, but looking at youtube videos the EQS SUV trunk doesn't seem all that big either. Does anyone have a EQS SUV on order?

Did you end up buying the EQS?

I am in same boat and undecided about renewing my MX or going for EQS.