TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X 75D / 90D 0-60 mph acceleration video

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Frogwheels, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Frogwheels

Frogwheels Member

I've scoured YouTube but couldn't find a single video of the Model X 75D or X 90D accelerating from 0-60 mph / 0-100 kmh, only clips of ludicrous X P90Ds.

I'm putting together an Excel chart with acceleration curves for the various models based on acceleration videos.
    Can someone with a X75D or X90D record the speedometer during a 0-75mph / 0-120kmh (or higher) run and share it?

2. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

What's wrong with the numbers that Tesla publishes on their website?

3. Frogwheels

Frogwheels Member

Because those numbers only mark a single point on this chart:
    Acceleration Curves.jpg

4. TSammy

TSammy Member

The problem is that all your timings will be off by the extra milliseconds that it takes to convert to metric from: "one, one thousand, two , one thousand, three, one thousand, etc.

5. Frogwheels

Frogwheels Member

#5 Frogwheels, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    If you trust Tesla's Speedometer, then the measurements in the above chart are quite accurate, as the timings were measured frame by frame in Premiere.

Main Problem is determining the kickdown point at the start, although there's usually a spike in the audio track when the foot slams the accelerator. That adds maybe 100ms uncertainty to the whole curve as some slam harder and faster whereas some are a bit more gentle. Also add +-50ms variation for each point as the Speedo's refresh rate is a bit slow.

But if, for example, you want to compare different models on how long they'd need to go from 50km/h to 90km/h for an overtaking manoeuvre, the error would only be +-50ms.

It's sufficient for me to get a rough, but handy comparative overview over how all the different models actually stack up against each other in the real world.

6. TSammy

TSammy Member

So sorry, @Frogwheels my reply was an obviously unsuccessful attempt at humor. Often we Americans forget that metric measurement is normal to the rest of the world.

7. Frogwheels

Frogwheels Member

Hehe whoops, now I see what you were getting at. I admit I was slightly puzzled there :)