Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 75D / 90D 0-60 mph acceleration video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've scoured YouTube but couldn't find a single video of the Model X 75D or X 90D accelerating from 0-60 mph / 0-100 kmh, only clips of ludicrous X P90Ds.

I'm putting together an Excel chart with acceleration curves for the various models based on acceleration videos.
Can someone with a X75D or X90D record the speedometer during a 0-75mph / 0-120kmh (or higher) run and share it?

What's wrong with the numbers that Tesla publishes on their website?
Because those numbers only mark a single point on this chart:
Acceleration Curves.jpg

The problem is that all your timings will be off by the extra milliseconds that it takes to convert to metric from: "one, one thousand, two , one thousand, three, one thousand, etc.
If you trust Tesla's Speedometer, then the measurements in the above chart are quite accurate, as the timings were measured frame by frame in Premiere.

Main Problem is determining the kickdown point at the start, although there's usually a spike in the audio track when the foot slams the accelerator. That adds maybe 100ms uncertainty to the whole curve as some slam harder and faster whereas some are a bit more gentle. Also add +-50ms variation for each point as the Speedo's refresh rate is a bit slow.

But if, for example, you want to compare different models on how long they'd need to go from 50km/h to 90km/h for an overtaking manoeuvre, the error would only be +-50ms.

It's sufficient for me to get a rough, but handy comparative overview over how all the different models actually stack up against each other in the real world.

Last edited: