Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 75D Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a bunch of 75D threads around talking about production, config, etc, but nothing dedicated to people taking delivery of 75D's as far as I know. There is currently one 75D listed as being delivered in the ModelXTracker.

Given that a few people have reported that they are taking delivery beginning this week (and there are reports of some already being delivered), I figured it might be helpful to have a thread dedicated to 75D deliveries. (Though I assume people will also want to report in the June and July threads, as appropriate!)

Great idea @Oloron I'll keep everyone posted. But sadly my DS hasn't responded to anything since Wednesday and I'm very on edge, because some forums have talked about delays of up to 2 months.

Can't speak to your order, but I talked to a DS in Dedham on Friday. They are very busy with the end of quarter delivery rush, so I get the impression that they are not as responsive as they'd ideally be due to the end of quarter crunch.

For what it's worth, since we're both Dedham deliveries of 75D's, they reconfirmed mine is in production and is on track for an late June/early July delivery. I suspect early July is more likely given transport times, but their quarterly targets do give them an incentive to get it here in time for the end of June.

Maybe this could help people determine if deliveries are forthcoming also: myTesla updated with this a short while ago with a block that says "please complete the following items to prepare for your tesla delivery" and lists 7/6 complete (don't ask why) with tasks listed. I'm not sure if this happens when a car enters production @Oloron and others: did your myTesla update and add this once your car entered production?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 116
@Dawgfan did your DS ever say anything different to you prior or is this the first you've heard of any delay? Just wondering how far they may have pushed it back.

Kind of. Design center said July when I confirmed the order. Went with 6 seat config (instead of 5) and SAS to avoid a September delivery.

A week after I confirmed I started reading a lot of these threads and realized July was optimistic so followed up with DS. While not making promises she implied a July delivery was still a good estimate.

Congrats!
@mhlester , Congrats!! I know it's only been a couple days since delivery, but could you please report on your rated miles for either 90% or 100% charge? I'm still trying to understand how 15 fewer KWh than a 90D is only creates a 20 mile EPA range reduction. With typical reported 90D efficiencies of 350 to 380 Wh/mile, the math doesn't work out.
This is how I kill time waiting for my 75D VIN...

Reactions: justdoit
Hey all, I confirmed mere days before the design studio was opened to all, on April 9. But my reservation sequence number was quite early, at around 1700.

Got my VIN on May 24. DS originally said to expect the car end of June.

I can't speak much to the range yet. I lowered the charging limit way down. Let me charge up to 90% tonight and see what it says in the morning.

Thanks all for the congrats. I couldn't be more thrilled to be cruising around in this incredible machine.

The best part was the coincidence that I got to pick it up on my birthday! Delivery staff was so excited for me they put a giant bow on the car, and gave me a gift bag with some swag and a card. Amazing experience.

image.jpeg

Congrats! Fixed spoiler like on the 90D?

Yeah, fixed spoiler I'm afraid. I wrote to my DS about that before it entered production and he offered to "work his magic" and see if he could get the active, but was unable to.

Thankfully the spoiler has a fixed post so it at least looks better. I had been concerned it would have the articulating mechanism just without the motor, which might look "broken". Of course this also dashes anyone's hopes of easily hacking an aftermarket motor into it.

@mhlester , Congrats!! I know it's only been a couple days since delivery, but could you please report on your rated miles for either 90% or 100% charge? I'm still trying to understand how 15 fewer KWh than a 90D is only creates a 20 mile EPA range reduction. With typical reported 90D efficiencies of 350 to 380 Wh/mile, the math doesn't work out.
This is how I kill time waiting for my 75D VIN...

238 miles, fully charged.
image.jpeg

@mhlester- how come D75 has a fixed spoiler, as i had spoken to tesla CS rep about 3 months ago to reconfirm and i was told that all tesla comes standard with active spoiler. I believe i had seen that verbiage in the order config page when i confirmed it in early Dec-2015.

I am the unlucky sole that has a 5 seater 75D on order. Order confirmed 1/12/16 and am told delivery will be in the August / September time frame. My original reservation was in August 2014 so it is frustrating to have to wait so long when I was high on the reservation list. Has anyone else ordered the 5 seat config and got similar delivery date estimates?