Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 75D Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Comparing my 75D with 200 Miles on it so far to my Sig X P90D that I put 2500 miles on...

For the P90D I averaged 355 wh/m. For the 75D 320wh/m (in warmer weather).
I get more mph of charging in the 75D. Empg is 93 compared to 89 on Monroney.
Doors align well in the 75D.
Insurance is 20% cheaper for the 75D for the same situation.
The 75D feels just as good, probably because I haven't mashed the accelerator yet.
Of course 80% less warranty issues with the 75D compared to the older car at the same age of car.

I can also confirm on my energy graph that the rated line is overlapped somewhere between 313 and 320 wh/m, consistent with the 316 calculation earlier in the thread.

That's interesting (and frustrating for me). I confirmed about a month after you, and am being told end of August/early September. I have a 75D, Dark Ash, NonPUP, Autopilot, SAS, Accessory Hitch, 6 seats, silver.

Main difference: East coast vs. West coast. Sigh.
Did you mean East Coast vs. Best Coast ?
:p:D sorry couldn't resist. I wish you comforting patience and support from all of us at TMC. I know the wait can be gruelling.

That's interesting (and frustrating for me). I confirmed about a month after you, and am being told end of August/early September. I have a 75D, Dark Ash, NonPUP, Autopilot, SAS, Accessory Hitch, 6 seats, silver.

Main difference: East coast vs. West coast. Sigh.
Main difference: @ssq is getting an end-of-quarter delivery, and you missed that deadline. Which means you're getting bumped back by the tick-tock of Tesla's production cycles. At the beginnings of quarters they take about a month and produce mostly cars for foreign destinations, so that they can fill ships and send them out on their long transit time for delivery by end-of-quarter. Then they'll switch back to US orders, which they can produce and deliver in a shorter time to meet the EOQ deadline. Even within this time period, they seemed to have moved from east coast to west. The end result is that sometimes people in California appear to jump the line because it's much easier to fill in the gaps with something where delivery is at most 24 hours transit time away, on a truck that only takes a few cars to fill.

Of course, above is just a generalization, and they probably still have of a mix of destinations and trim levels (such as P90Ds) all through the quarter, and batching by paint or seat config or battery or who knows what else.

tl;dr: don't get up in arms that someone with a higher or lower VIN than you has taken/will take delivery long before/after you. It's not quite random, but sometimes it feels like it may as well be.

Reactions: MikeC and mlouie23
How's the fit/finish, alignment, etc.?

For mine it's been really great. The biggest issue of fit was about a millimeter offset between front and back door handles. Overall it seems really well built.

@mhlester- how is the ride and pick up compared to 90D? I had taken a demo in 90D with downgrading to 75D setup and it was alright,

Definitely a lot better than my Prius! :) The car was surprisingly swift. Too much acceleration and it starts to give me a headache. But I haven't spent much time in other configurations to make a true comparison.

It's extremely solid. Even getting in there's zero sway as you transition your weight from ground to suspension. And that carries throughout the drive. It still handles like a sports car.

That said I don't think Tesla has ever made a car that took 6 seconds to get up to 60mph before. This is just heavier than anything else.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
Definitely a lot better than my Prius! :) The car was surprisingly swift. Too much acceleration and it starts to give me a headache. But I haven't spent much time in other configurations to make a true comparison.

It's extremely solid. Even getting in there's zero sway as you transition your weight from ground to suspension. And that carries throughout the drive. It still handles like a sports car.

That said I don't think Tesla has ever made a car that took 6 seconds to get up to 60mph before. This is just heavier than anything else.

I'm the opposite and a total acceleration junkie -I floor it after making turns, at lights, onto on ramps, etc.

I actually felt like the 90D we test drove in 75D mode felt a little slow and weighed down - although I don't think I had enough time with it. I don't remember my buddies original S60 feeling sluggish even though the 0-60 times are similar.

Got my VIN 108xx June 7, Order confirmed April 20, 2016, 75D, 6 seat, air suspension and premium upgrade main features. Reserved a couple years ago. Dc called today and said in production with tentative delivery set up for June 30th.

I confirmed my 70D (at the time) on March 9th. Pearl white, 6-seat with SAS, for a Seattle delivery. I still don't have a VIN, but I emailed my DS and he said I'm on the slate for an August build with an expected delivery at the beginning of September. I originally reserved my X on 5/27/2014. I wish I was in the Q2 batch, but I'll still be happy to get it in Q3.

Hi All!

This is my very first post! My husband and I are excited to join the forum and just wanted to share some deets with everyone :)

Reserved on 4/4/16
Ordered April 12th
VIN assigned June 7th - 108xx
We got notification of production on 6/23
No ETA yet but DS is hopeful for delivery at Fremont before July 4th!!! (not holding our breath) lol

75D, Obsidian Black
22 '' Onyx
6 seater
PUP
SAS

We are so excited and check our e-mail constantly for contact from our DS :D

Reactions: MikeC
Hi All!

This is my very first post! My husband and I are excited to join the forum and just wanted to share some deets with everyone :)

Reserved on 4/4/16
Ordered April 12th
VIN assigned June 7th - 108xx
We got notification of production on 6/23
No ETA yet but DS is hopeful for delivery at Fremont before July 4th!!! (not holding our breath) lol

75D, Obsidian Black
22 '' Onyx
6 seater
PUP
SAS

We are so excited and check our e-mail constantly for contact from our DS :D
Welcome to the OCD Tesla forum, you will enjoy all the information that is here.

This beauty just arrived in Portland.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: mlouie23 and MarkoC
Yep, it's pretty clear they're prioritizing CA and especially bay area deliveries again at the end of the quarter. It stinks seeing folks who have basically the same car sometimes configured and confirmed weeks *after* me taking delivery in June while I'm told early September, but at this point it's the same old sad story. I don't think Tesla will ever change this so long as such importance is placed on that end of quarter number.

Yep, it's pretty clear they're prioritizing CA and especially bay area deliveries again at the end of the quarter. It stinks seeing folks who have basically the same car sometimes configured and confirmed weeks *after* me taking delivery in June while I'm told early September, but at this point it's the same old sad story. I don't think Tesla will ever change this so long as such importance is placed on that end of quarter number.
Yea, but you got cheesesteak's!

I'm guessing they curbed this practice a bit after production started to ramp up.

I am picking up at the factory and was given a 9000 VIN and told to expect July delivery with a slight chance of June delivery. Within a week or so, Tesla confirmed that it was producing 2000+ cars/week. I think the increase in production gave them the opportunity to make quarterly numbers while taking care of early reservation holders.

Last week I was told to expect July or August delivery, which is much more in line with where I should have been from the beginning. I think my car would have been part of the Q2 rush if Tesla hadn't seen the improvements in production by early June.