Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 75D or Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am new to this forum - so would love to seek advise on a Tesla deal:

I am being offered a Model X 75D (new inventory) for 86K ($4500 price adjustment). The specs are:
Model X 75D
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20" Sonic Carbon Wheels
Black Textile Interior
Black Textile Interior
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Front Console
Dark Headliner
Towing Package
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Autopilot
Seven Seat Interior

This car does not have enhanced auto-pilot enabled (additional 5K). I wanted to hear thoughts on the deal and if Model X long range makes better sense. I believe a similar spec'ed Model X long range is at 99K.

We also debated between 75 or 100 battery
And ended up with 100 because plan to keep car at least 10 years. You also have to realize normally charge to 90% so range down to 264. If you drive more than 65 and use a lot of climate control you won’t get that. And that’s with 100 battery.

If range is no issue the 75D should be fine. If you might use it for long road trips the 100D will reduce trip times and provide more travel flexibility. Our X is used primarily for road trips, with EAP+FSD. We just barely made it from the Buckeye, AZ Supercharger to the Indio, CA Supercharger when the Quartzite, AZ Supercharger was closed. The extra range saved the whole trip. It may also allow you to follow a more direct route instead of slavishly following Superchargers. And it charges faster than the smaller battery when adding a fixed number of miles to reach the next Supercharger.

Agree, wonder how the car is priced before the discount. 75D should starts from around 82k, with premium package already included. Adding paint and 7-seat would make it $86k before destination charge. Where is the discount?

@Mewtwo this is the breakdown I have from Tesla:

Model X performance: 80,000
Midnight silver metallic paint: 1,500
20" Sonic carbon wheels: 2,000
Autopilot: $3,000
Seven Seat Interior: $3,000
Sub Total: $89,500
Price adjustment: ($4,500)

Total: 85,000 + Destination fee + Document fee = $ 86,200

Here in the UK the price differences has been large.

Our 60D X was £64k base versus £82k for the 90D at the time, nearly £20k for 30-50 miles range gain is nuts and unless your using that extra range everyday pointless.

The latest price changes have made the 100D much better value, but I would urge you to look at the seating setup. Unless you 100% need 7 seats the 6 seater option transforms the rear of the car. Tesla knows the 6 seater is popular so jacked up the price from £3k when we ordered to nearly now £6k.

We ended up getting 60->75 software unlock for £4k, and more recently FSD for £5k, so our 75D has cost us £80k in total. However the same spec 100D X today still comes out at £98,500.

Bigger battery is alway great, but paying about £350 for every extra mile of range difference between a 75->100 is crazy - especially with 'free for life supercharging'. By not going for a 100D X we essentially have nearly paid of a Model Y.

HOWEVER $13k is alot less than £18,500, its still a ball park figure of $200/mile. If $13k extra is no issues than go for it, but if it pushes the numbers too far probably not.

Personally I like 'value for money' and the cheapest Teslas have always been the best value, so I have to factor in my own spending behaviour.

Have you looked at used cars? A used 6 seater 100D might actually be cheaper than the new 75D.

Reactions: PrGrPa and gnumeric
We chose the 75D instead of 100D since there was a 17,500 price difference between the two in 2017. We would have benefitted from the longer range about twice per year so it would cost $1250/trip if we kept the X for 7 years. For us, the 75D just made economic sense. If the differential was 7,000 or less, we would have chosen the longer range.

Reactions: CyberShy
@Mewtwo this is the breakdown I have from Tesla:

Model X performance: 80,000
Midnight silver metallic paint: 1,500
20" Sonic carbon wheels: 2,000
Autopilot: $3,000
Seven Seat Interior: $3,000
Sub Total: $89,500
Price adjustment: ($4,500)

Total: 85,000 + Destination fee + Document fee = $ 86,200
Your first post says no EAP which is why I had doubt. So turns out you did have AP just not FSD. The price looks right, and if you want further savings you could request service center to remove the carbon wheel and save $2k, making it 84,200 before tax incentives.