Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 75D Realistic Range

Model X 75D Range at full charge

• 220 - 230 Miles

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 210 - 220 Miles

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • 200 - 210 Miles

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 190 - 210 Miles

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 180 - 190 Miles

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 170 - 180 Miles

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the Model X 75D has been out for a few months, I would like to gather data on realistic range of the Model X 75D ( +5 MPH over speed limit, normal air-conditioning, not driving like crazy, no elevation, 2 passenger weight).

Please vote based on your own experience of driving the Model X 75D.

Range at full charge will always be an extrapolated figure since no one is going to go from 230 (my full capacity at this time) to 0. Avg Wh/m is my way of arriving at that figure. Mine is about 293 lifetime average, which means that I am going somewhere close to rated range. I can realistically achieve 280 wh/m (about 240 mile range) with my every day driving. Long trips are always going to be lesser, due to so many factors mentioned in other forums.

190-210, I suppose.

I'm getting 365 Wh/mi with AC, speed limit +10 and relatively substantial elevation changes on a daily basis. We have a couple of weekly trips where the last couple of miles draw <1%. Probably not enough to outweigh the daily commute, though.

Last edited:
Another factor to consider is which wheels are installed, 20" or 22". I'm curious to find out real world range of 75D with the 22" wheels. I know they cause a range hit, but curious if the 10-15% claimed is fairly accurate.

I'm also curious about how much AP affects the range. Does adaptive cruise control even out the power spikes and does that even matter with an electric vehicle? I know it makes a significant difference with ICE cars.
If the goal is efficiency, a human driver is superior to AP/TACC at this point. The car accelerates and brakes too quickly as cars move in and out of your lane. I find myself turning it off when I'm coming to a stop or increasing the speed on TACC one mph at a time rather than letting the car accelerate wildly.

Having said all of that, I usually set TACC in the 75-80 range so take that into consideration. If you're setting it for 55-65 then you'll be in much better shape for several reasons.

I have personally found that I get about 87% of the calculated range when traveling on highways and such. I live in Florida, so AC cranking, have 5 in the car, and drive +5-7 mph. I know that's not maximizing your range, but that's what I did with my ICE car and thus figured I would continue to see how it impacts with a Tesla. So the range for me is much less than what the car thinks, but I really haven't had any issues with that. Just need to think a little bit more when traveling, planning out stops, proactively looking for charging stations, etc.

Reactions: vrykolas
Just adding another data point. I turned on range mode and started driving more conservatively. I'm at 324 Wh/mi over the last 300 miles. Temperatures have been pretty low over this time frame so I'm sure I've got some inefficiencies with regen and battery warming mixed in there.

IMG_1669.JPG
I have a 75D and just took delivery of the Model X and then was going on a trip for 2 days where charging wasn't easily accessible so decided to charge to trip. And my battery was charged to 260 miles. I thought the max range on 75D was 237 miles.

View attachment 207724 I have a 75D and just took delivery of the Model X and then was going on a trip for 2 days where charging wasn't easily accessible so decided to charge to trip. And my battery was charged to 260 miles. I thought the max range on 75D was 237 miles.

Go into the settings screen and check what your display units are. I'm betting you're set to ideal miles rather than rated.