Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 75D's DELAYED! (Again!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it looks like the rumours floating around the Tesla Forum were true...all Model X 75D configuration cars are being pushed back!

My DS confirmed just moments ago my X that was scheduled for production for June 27th is now pushed back to August 1st....over a full month delay :(.

My DS said he didn't know the reason yet but will find out and let me know.

Potentially it could be something as little as a higher than expected new 90D or P90D production models being put in queue earlier...

So, it looks like the rumours floating around the Tesla Forum were true...all Model X 75D configuration cars are being pushed back!

My DS confirmed just moments ago my X that was scheduled for production for June 27th is now pushed back to August 1st....over a full month delay :(.

My DS said he didn't know the reason yet but will find out and let me know.

Potentially it could be something as little as a higher than expected new 90D or P90D production models being put in queue earlier...

what are your deets? vin, res date, conf date etc

I wonder if this has anything to do with your location? Can't think of a reason why some 75Ds have already been delivered and then all of a sudden there is a pause. Thanks for keeping us informed. I spoke with my DS today and she is still anticipating Production starting on mine any day now. I brought up this post and she wasn't aware of any delays.

Something is up, but obviously not sure what it is and it's possible that 75 orders being delayed is not fully correct. Tesla's website changed from saying August delivery for new orders to "Late September" for new orders. BUT this change was to all 3 models, 75 90 and p90. It was also within the last 4 hours since I checked at that time and it still said august. It seems that some people with 75 are still entering production and some have randomly been delayed by over a month. tesla has to satisfy safety requirements for each country. What could be happening is that they just received final approval in say Europe and that they've reordered production to make the cars from people that ordered in like January over there and are pushing people back here that have placed orders recently in like April. This could make sense because the guy above was a late April configuration and also because all models were pushed back on Tesla's site. Thoughts?

Reactions: mlouie23
Something is up, but obviously not sure what it is and it's possible that 75 orders being delayed is not fully correct. Tesla's website changed from saying August delivery for new orders to "Late September" for new orders. BUT this change was to all 3 models, 75 90 and p90. It was also within the last 4 hours since I checked at that time and it still said august. It seems that some people with 75 are still entering production and some have randomly been delayed by over a month. tesla has to satisfy safety requirements for each country. What could be happening is that they just received final approval in say Europe and that they've reordered production to make the cars from people that ordered in like January over there and are pushing people back here that have placed orders recently in like April. This could make sense because the guy above was a late April configuration and also because all models were pushed back on Tesla's site. Thoughts?

Feels like they're also prioritizing people who reserved earlier rather than recent orders / higher configs.

Tesla tends to operate on the basis of quarterly deliveries. Now is when they have to manufacture all the overseas cars for delivery next quarter, so if yours can't be delivered this quarter then it is a lower priority than Europe.
My vin was higher than the overseas vins... but with factory delivery they could still get it done this quarter.

Sure there may be a quality issue somewhere (it would need to be a large issue to cause this sort of delay) but the quarterly timing is also consistent.

Reactions: BornToFly
I would love to order a 90 but 10K for 20 more miles is not worth it.

I wonder why there is a 45 mile range difference between the Model S 75 and 90 and only 20 miles difference with the Model X?

I opted for the 90D when they were initially offering the 70D and the range difference seemed worth it, but now with the 75D, other than acceleration (which is admittedly awesome) there does not seem to be a very good range argument for the MX 90D.

I wonder if this has anything to do with your location? Can't think of a reason why some 75Ds have already been delivered and then all of a sudden there is a pause. Thanks for keeping us informed. I spoke with my DS today and she is still anticipating Production starting on mine any day now. I brought up this post and she wasn't aware of any delays.

I agree, it must have something to do with your location. From what I know, they just started delivering X in Canada in general, one of my friend in Canada just got his signature X last week, based on that it won't be that quick to produce your car, plus we have so many 75D orders in the United States waiting.

Did anyone report real-life range on an 75D yet? The 90D is apparently reaching its 257 miles, but 237 for a 75 is kind of a stretch. I mean, if we assume 85Kwh usable for a 90Kwh pack, at an average 340wh/mile we get 250 miles range. Same math for a 75Kwh would give 206 miles. Pack may weight less but is it enough for such a jump?

Less weight + less power from the 75D probably results in a better fuel economy...kind of like comparing a V6 engine to a V8

@wallstguy motors are the same in 75 and 90D so their efficiency (i.e. consumption) is the same. Acceleration is a function of the battery delivering less power to them. So the only factor affecting range would be the weight reduction due to less cells. Still doubt that X75D can achieve same efficiency as a model S at around 300wh/mile that would be needed for its advertised range, but hey, let's hope it's true.

Reactions: mlouie23