Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 75D's DELAYED! (Again!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard that the factory is shifting to right hand drive production this month.
The factory does not run just right drive or left drive... The final assembly line can have a Rt drive model X with a Lft drive model S right behind it! There are no restrictions on the assembly line preventing them from mixing and matching model, battery size, features/options, drive side... I have seen this on the tour myself.

I wonder why there is a 45 mile range difference between the Model S 75 and 90 and only 20 miles difference with the Model X?

I opted for the 90D when they were initially offering the 70D and the range difference seemed worth it, but now with the 75D, other than acceleration (which is admittedly awesome) there does not seem to be a very good range argument for the MX 90D.
If you check the thread for average wh/mile you'll see many people are getting 350-400 with some reporting even better economy. This translates to about a 40 mile range difference between the 75 and 90 kW batteries.

Odd how the epa range difference is so small. Does the 75's slower acceleration add 20 miles of range?

The buffer to me was worth it as in the Summer I need to blast the AC all the time. If you live in rainy or cold weather climates, that's even worse for range. Something definitely seems a bit strange about the epa info. Wonder what Tesla would post as range dif fences without their rules?

Going on memory...I'm sure I read it somewhere. I could be wrong or I may have misinterpreted it. I know that the Model-S 70 battery was a software-limited 75D for a while.
The Model S 70D, post-refresh, and the new 60D, are both software limited 75Ds. 75Ds are not, to public knowledge, software limited 90Ds. It'd be really great if I find out post delivery that my 90D is really a software limited 100D, but I doubt it.

The one advantage of software-limiting a 90kwh pack to 75kwh is that you can more quickly charge to 100% and not have to worry about leaving it charged at 100%. Also, on the other end, I would expect that bricking it would more difficult.

So, it looks like the rumours floating around the Tesla Forum were true...all Model X 75D configuration cars are being pushed back!

My DS confirmed just moments ago my X that was scheduled for production for June 27th is now pushed back to August 1st....over a full month delay :(.

My DS said he didn't know the reason yet but will find out and let me know.

Potentially it could be something as little as a higher than expected new 90D or P90D production models being put in queue earlier...

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, did you get the Air Suspenion? I didn't see it in your config. And if you didn't, that would explain the delay. Thanks.

This morning I saw what I swore was a 75D pass me. Got a blurry picture...
Didn't think they started delivering these yet??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 69
The factory does not run just right drive or left drive... The final assembly line can have a Rt drive model X with a Lft drive model S right behind it! There are no restrictions on the assembly line preventing them from mixing and matching model, battery size, features/options, drive side... I have seen this on the tour myself.
Interesting. Well, this is what one of the Tesla salespeople stated. I have no first hand knowledge of the assembly line, so if you've seen it, I have no reason to doubt it.

After all this Model X 75D delay talk, I just emailed my DS in Virginia and found out my X75 confirmed March 13th is already in production (only a week earlier then he estimated weeks ago) and "might" just make it East in time to make a June delivery. Gotta love the end of quarter express delivery service, I just hope they don't rush the build.