Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 90D Discounted inventory Cars - Great leases < $850 a month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this experience where the OA tells you the details of the lease numbers but when Tesla financing sends you their figures, it's higher?

We had a cash price that was 1K less and w/ they are telling me the original folks didn't factor in the sales tax etc, now my payments are going to be about $100 more a month - still not a bad deal in the grand scheme of things, but not the amazing $855 that I thought I was getting...

Just wondering how common this is....?

Has anyone had this experience where the OA tells you the details of the lease numbers but when Tesla financing sends you their figures, it's higher?

We had a cash price that was 1K less and w/ they are telling me the original folks didn't factor in the sales tax etc, now my payments are going to be about $100 more a month - still not a bad deal in the grand scheme of things, but not the amazing $855 that I thought I was getting...

Just wondering how common this is....?

yeah, I've seen this. They don't calculate the sales tax, or registration correctly until the credit is ran through finance and they plug everything in. Sucks sometimes.

There are no 90D's really left, so these deals have dried up. There have been a few 100D and P100D deals my OA has done in the last couple days. I wouldn't consider them phenomenal deals but they were perfect for someone that was already looking to spend $1200/1300 a month. Example, 100D on Custom order, he was scheduled to lease it for $1354 a month, but instead they found him a P100D for $1405 a month and more options. Thats a no brainer to me.

I've said it before, quite a few of us are looking for the Q3 deals of the century and not happy enough when a decent deal comes up because we've seen better while others are happy to get a higher equipped model at the same price point as their lower tiered car they were about to purchase.

I think that's where Tesla needs to control the market. As more and more people learn that inventory cars are discounted and others have gotten 5-20k off their window sticker, they tend to sit on the sidelines and wait instead of buying now. Definitely not good for sales or their bottom line in those cases.

Count me in the deal camp... no deal I won't jump.

Auto sales overall are cratering ,if you don't need to move I'd wait . Deals will be had all over especially in Q4. A "deal" is different to each one of us, good luck!
I'm in the same boat as far as wanting a deal, but just wanted to point out that auto industry trends do not apply to Tesla (at least not yet). Tesla has a buyer for every car they produce and only use deals to clear out the loaner/demo fleet, usually ahead of a design/feature update (I bet there's one in mid October, no inside info, I just follow Tesla closely).

If you are waiting for better deals you might be waiting another year. These are likely to be the best deals of 2017. Last year's third quarter produced the best deals in Tesla's history and there was nada for 2016 Q4, 2017Q1 and 2017Q2. These current deals aren't nearly as good as the 2016Q3 deals and I definitely would not expect the deals to get better in Q4 - much more likely to vanish altogether, especially if there's a feature update in October as I predict.

The problem is that Tesla will do what they have to do in this Q3 to clear the fleet. Once it's cleared, the deals are over. I suppose it's possible they fail to clear the fleet in Q3 and have to offer bigger deals in Q4 but I sure wouldn't bank on it if you are a buyer waiting for the right time to jump in.

Here's my reasons as to why we'll never see the deals we saw last year and most of us that picked up cars during that quarter knew we'd never score a car like the P90DL for that price 2 years later when our leases were up.

#1The MSRP on a '16 Q3 fully loaded P90DL hovered around 141-143k. Now the P100DL is closer to 160-165k, which throws the comparison off already

#2 the vehicles being cleared out were P90D and P90DL Pre-facelift (classic) cars while the new fascia and AP2 was just announced
Most of the mentioned cars had a 20-30k discount which makes sense given they became obsolete from two perspectives (body and hardware)

#3 The 24 month lease that was introduced during that quarter used unrealistic (inflated) residual values along with a lower money factor rate at that time, if I recall, 4%-ish.

Screenshot attached shows one of the P90DL's we purchased last year, Sticker was $142,700, $33,700 showroom discount brings me to my Cap Cost of 109,000. Residual shows $93,120, from which we need to take the $7500 Fed rebate away that they add to the backend, so Tesla's TRUE residual is $85,620, which is 60% of the original MSRP price.

Tesla's current residual on the 2 year lease program on the P100D is 57%, which means you're going to pay for the extra 3% depreciation hit in your monthly payment, roughly an extra $5k divided by 24 months gives you approx. $208 more a month plus interest. If we pick any one of the current Model S P100D discounted cars that have 25-33k off, plug it into a lease calculator, change the rate and the residuals to last years offerings, you get into the sub $1000 leases, but no where near the sub $700 mark because the $20K price delta between the 90DL and 100DL residualized at 60% still leaves you with about 8k more in depreciation to cover payment wise which is $300+ a month.

Take the $208 residual hit difference (57% vs 60%), add in the $300+ depreciation hit for the price delta difference (161k vs 142k) plus $600-800 a month those deals leased for, brings you to $1100-1300 a month, which is kind of what we're seeing in this Q3.

But what do I know, just my .02

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 2.04.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 2.04.51 PM.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 71
Hello all,

Looking for a comparable deal to what some of you have found. I've had no luck in finding something in the $80,000-90,000 which isn't a stripped down base model.

Any information on where to look for these deals and/or whom to work with would be greatly appreciated.