Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 90kWh battery pack degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine 2016 MX P90D 225 miles @100% and 204@90%. Is this normal?
Your projected 100% then is 126, so looks similar.

Jan 2016 build P90D 98,000 miles From my Shortcuts scripts while car is sitting plugged in in garage:
Battery Heating OFF
Level: 94%
Estimated Range: 137.1 / 146
Rated Range: 213.39/ 227
IdealRange: 264.16 / 281
When I last drove Wh/mi was over 400 for a while then settled to high 300’s with temps close to freezing which may be why Estimated is so low. Fair weather real range is about 190mi.

Since you guys are happily reporting the numbers at 100%, have you noticed that not every % is equal in the 90 pack? Somehow it seemed to me that between 50-10% each 1% is actually smaller in terms of energy than between 50-100%.

In other words, when you charge the car full, it looks like you have ~80kWh of available energy, but in the end 72-74kWh is much closer to the truth.

2016 P90DL purchased used directly from Tesla (with about 32,000mi)
now at a little over 50,000mi

100% 210mi
90% 185mi

charge at home with Tesla charger
I took it to SC and they did admit my battery was “on the low end of the spectrum” BUT battery degeneration was NOT covered under the warranty.
I just went to my account online pull up my purchase agreement, build date info, and warranty. It’s no longer available?!?
Feels like I’m getting the runaround. Any feedback or help from members who have experienced this issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Specs
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic
20" Silver Wheels
Ludicrous Mode
Autopilot with convenience features
90 kWh PerformanceAll-Wheel Drive
Standard Interior Package
Pay Per Use Supercharging
Premium Connectivity, Free Unlimited

Reactions: forkee

100% 210mi
90% 185mi

I took it to SC and they did admit my battery was “on the low end of the spectrum” BUT battery degeneration was NOT covered under the warranty.
I just went to my account online pull up my purchase agreement, build date info, and warranty. It’s no longer available?!?
Feels like I’m getting the runaround. Any feedback or help from members who have experienced this issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Specs
Midnight Silver Metallic
20" Silver Wheels
Ludicrous Mode
6 to 10% Degredation is normal. You are below that, so you are below the norm.

100% 210mi
90% 185mi

Thanks

Specs
Midnight Silver Metallic
20" Silver Wheels
Ludicrous Mode

Unfortunately...This is the (Tesla) way.

Reactions: InternetDude

100% 210mi
90% 185mi

Thanks

wow, i can't believe you beat me. i thought i had it the worst up until now. I also got my P90DL direct from Tesla with 49k. It's at 60k now with 100% at 216 and 90% at 198. I have been almost exclusively supercharging because it's free. The service center also failed to do anything about it. They said they only fix if it does not charge to 100%, not if range is not as stated. It's supposed to have 8 year battery warranty so my best option is to just revisit them towards the end of that and hope they will replace it when they see my max range is 150 :rolleyes:

They are correct there is no degradation coverage on the S&X until the 2020 ones. (I think that is when they added it.)

That's not completely accurate. Starting in 2020 they specified an amount of degradation and bought the coverage in line with the Model 3 and Model Y. Before that, the warranty wording did not specify a percentage, just some vague wording about abnormal rate loss. Tesla eventually replaced the pack on my '13 P85 after it had degraded below 70% of its original range.

As another data point, my wife's X P90D has a rated range of ~222 @100% (71K miles).

Reactions: Patrick0101