TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X AC not working after only 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Masood Hasan, May 12, 2016.

1. Masood Hasan

Masood Hasan New Member

The air conditioning stopped working today on my brand new X only after two weeks. If I reboot the car, passenger side seems to start to work for 30 seconds and then dies out. Just blows normal air. Not hot or cold. Tried everything, turning smart preconditioning on and off, range mode toggle, auto climate, multiple reboots... sigh...
    anyone else having that issue? Local SC could not figure it out otp. After the plethora of issue on my S, really was looking forward to a trouble free car.

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

On wow! Unfortunate first post. What was your VIN? Let us know when the local SC follow up.

3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

On person had their A/C not work. It was bent pins in one of the connectors. Not saying that's your problem though.

• Helpful x 1
  4. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

AC is bad in the X, very loud, multiple people have commented on why the car is so loud, massive fan noise from the front, etc... rear X constantly turns on and off by itself as well....

• Dislike x 1
  5. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Mine seems fine. It does seem to be a bit sensitive to the sensors, especially when sides are in direct sun. I keep moving mine between 75 and 76 often.

6. Masood Hasan

Masood Hasan New Member

Finally got it fixed AGAIN. The first time service refilled the refrigerant suggesting perhaps the factory didn't fill properly. But sure enough it went bad again so this time around they used black light and found the leak in the condenser. Ordered a new one and replaced. After a week in the shop, finally have the X back. fingers crossed. BTW, I have seen others with the AC issue. so clearly its a supplier issue.

• Like x 1
  7. Drivin

Drivin Member

If anyone ever tells you they need to re-fill the refrigerant, then it is a concern.
    If it is low on refrigerant, then it was either partially filled to begin with (very unlikely) or there is a leak.

Good that they found the leak and they weren't constantly telling you it needed to be refilled since it was hot out ;)

8. akordz

akordz Member

This happened to me too after about 3 weeks of owning the car. It hit 100 over memorial weekend and or was all my baby could take! Ironic since the day it happened my wife and I were just commenting how cold the ac was.