Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Active Spoiler... Or Not...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no active spoiler unless you have the performance version. There are some non performance X's with an active spoiler but those were limited to the first months of production. From all the research I've done, any X's built after April '16 which are not P's have fixed spoilers. Doesn't matter if they are a 75, 90 or 100.

I was originally a little bummed by this, but I don't mind the fixed spoiler at all. In fact its one less thing to worry about breaking and it looks good deployed even when its parked.

Mike M was on the money re: April 2016 and earlier having Active spoilers. I have an April '16 VIN 47xx MX 90D and it has an active spoiler. A 12 yr old kid thought I had a P model due to this and I told him no, and then after researching this, I realized I was one of the lucky ones. I love it, but zero chance I would have paid extra for the P model to get it.

Reactions: JHWJR
Yes, yes you should if a specific option is important to you. Especially when there are a few sub models and relatively few differences.

I completely agree. In the past, when researching other vehicles, the first thing I'd do is find the chart with the dots that shows what's standard and optional for each trim level. I always found something surprising that I wouldn't have otherwise known! If I missed something, that's on me.

Reactions: Cowby and Mike M
Congrats! Are you getting her something nice for the anniversary? A luxurious detail job? Shiny new rims? Or is she more of an all-weather floor mat type of gal? :D

Well she already got paint protection film, ceramic coating, and all-weather mats ... I think my wife would disown me if I spent any more money on the car for its anniversary instead of our anniversary :)

Reactions: Cowby and Mike M
I was reading through the material and was taken off as well "is active spoiler standard now?" Then I saw this thread. I think Tesla should clearly look in what they are writing and explain that some things apply to certain models only. They could get into legal trouble..

Reactions: JHWJR
I think Tesla should clearly look in what they are writing and explain that some things apply to certain models only.

Yup. Say something like "This option available only on P90D and P100D" or "Not available on all models." Someone really needs to fine tooth comb this stuff. They MUST have a manager of corporate communications. Someone beyond "Marketing" must look at this stuff. I LOVE this company and don't want to see unnecessary stumbles any more than anyone else. (Especially when it comes to MY car, but regardless.)

Yup. Say something like "This option available only on P90D and P100D" or "Not available on all models." Someone really needs to fine tooth comb this stuff. They MUST have a manager of corporate communications. Someone beyond "Marketing" must look at this stuff. I LOVE this company and don't want to see unnecessary stumbles any more than anyone else. (Especially when it comes to MY car, but regardless.)
Those of us who have been following them for a while now (myself from just before S deliveries started) have been say this for a VERY LONG TIME. It hasn't changed.