TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Active Spoiler... Or Not...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by JHWJR, Apr 2, 2017.

1. McManX

McManX Member

+1 I love my active spoiler 90D

• Like x 2
  2. SilverUnicorn

SilverUnicorn Member

Mike M was on the money re: April 2016 and earlier having Active spoilers. I have an April '16 VIN 47xx MX 90D and it has an active spoiler. A 12 yr old kid thought I had a P model due to this and I told him no, and then after researching this, I realized I was one of the lucky ones. I love it, but zero chance I would have paid extra for the P model to get it.

• Like x 1
  3. Mike M

Mike M Member

@JHWJR totally understand the bit of a down feeling of not having an active spoiler. On the other hand, I'm very happy with mine as is. ;)

• Like x 3
  4. voltaren

voltaren Member

Yes, yes you should if a specific option is important to you. Especially when there are a few sub models and relatively few differences.

• Like x 1
  5. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

I completely agree. In the past, when researching other vehicles, the first thing I'd do is find the chart with the dots that shows what's standard and optional for each trim level. I always found something surprising that I wouldn't have otherwise known! If I missed something, that's on me.

• Like x 2
  6. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

I also have a 90D with active spoiler. Been loving for nearly a year now. One year anniversary of delivery only 17 days from today ...

• Like x 2
  7. MTOman

MTOman Member

Congrats! Are you getting her something nice for the anniversary? A luxurious detail job? Shiny new rims? Or is she more of an all-weather floor mat type of gal? :D

• Like x 1
  8. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

Well she already got paint protection film, ceramic coating, and all-weather mats ... I think my wife would disown me if I spent any more money on the car for its anniversary instead of our anniversary :)

• Like x 2
  9. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

That was a major lolz. First, I thought your wife got PPF, ceramic coating and all weather mats :). Hope this was a Chanel ceramic coat!

• Funny x 1
  10. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Big mistake if you remember your X's anniversary, but forget your wife's anniversary!

• Funny x 2
  11. Dutchie

Dutchie Active Member

I was reading through the material and was taken off as well "is active spoiler standard now?" Then I saw this thread. I think Tesla should clearly look in what they are writing and explain that some things apply to certain models only. They could get into legal trouble..

• Like x 1
  12. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Yup. Say something like "This option available only on P90D and P100D" or "Not available on all models." Someone really needs to fine tooth comb this stuff. They MUST have a manager of corporate communications. Someone beyond "Marketing" must look at this stuff. I LOVE this company and don't want to see unnecessary stumbles any more than anyone else. (Especially when it comes to MY car, but regardless.)

• Like x 2
  13. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Those of us who have been following them for a while now (myself from just before S deliveries started) have been say this for a VERY LONG TIME. It hasn't changed.

14. ptdavzo

ptdavzo Member

Hate to break it, but many people they are happy with what Tesla offers and 100k is not even half to what some people have to pay for these rides.