Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...I am interest in the accuracy of Tesla's delivery time frame...

I wouldn't count on Tesla timeline based on its history but this time, it's quite impressive.

1/20/2017: Model X 100D ordered, estimated delivery for late March-April.
1/27/2017: order automatically confirmed/finalized
1/28/2017: VIN automatically assigned
3/15/2017: Production initiated
3/20/2017: Production completed
3/30/2017: Delivery at Fremont factory

I wouldn't count on Tesla timeline based on its history but this time, it's quite impressive.

1/20/2017: Model X 100D ordered, estimated delivery for late March-April.
1/27/2017: order automatically confirmed/finalized
1/28/2017: VIN automatically assigned
3/15/2017: Production initiated
3/20/2017: Production completed
3/30/2017: Delivery at Fremont factory

Interesting. "Delivery at Fremont factory". I guess you mean delivered to you? Wasn't it built there?
Wondering why it took only 5 days to build it, yet took 10 more days for you to get it when the car didn't go anywhere :confused:

...you mean delivered to you...

Yes, it was built there and sitting there in Fremont waiting for me to pick it up.

I heard all about horrible story of windshield chips, paint scratches, Tesla cars fell off transport trucks, Tesla cars barely cleared the overpass... so I didn't want Tesla to put my car on a transport truck :)

The production was completed but I came to Fremont factory to pick it up at my convenience: 10 days after it was born.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
Yes, my Model X will be the first in Labrador. There are a few on the island part of Newfoundland and Labrador.

The challenge is driving the vehicle to Labrador City considering the charging infrastructure is lacking on the North Shore of Quebec and essentially non-existent as you move North.

This being said, I have it all figured out and it will be a little bit of an adventure getting my vehicle from Montreal to Labrador City - driving the vehicle.

Reactions: vandacca
Hey Labradordriver. I'm sure you've looked into this already but know there is a Supercharger in Drummondville so that should help. Also know that in Québec City, there are several hotels with destination charging. Just check the Tesla destination charging map (Dominion is quite nice). Alternatively, there are few Chademo chargers in Québec City.

Thanks for your suggestions, essentially I have plan put together similar to your suggestion.

My plan is travel the south shore to Matane and then take the ferry to the north shore and onto Sept-Iles. In Sept-Iles I will put my Model X on the train bound for Labrador City. The charging infrastructure in Quebec is good particularly around Montreal, Quebec and the south shore. The north shore is lacking the further east you go.

My thinking was to use the Superchangers in Drummondville and Rivière du Loop along with CHAdeMO Charger in Matane to support my journey. I looking forward to the drive and adventure in my new Model X.