Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, just now reading up on this. Can someone give me the Cliff's Notes between the 2 kits? N2itive is $1,400 and Macsboost is $200. It looks like the N2itive includes lowering links. I always drive with the car in Low and use Very Low on the freeway (when I remember). I don't want the car to look slammed and I do have a gravel driveway so don't want it too low.

I didn't buy the N2itive, but I believe much of the difference is that N2itive comes with the toe arms as well as the links and camber arms, so it is a complete setup. It is also what I would say is "appearance grade" parts, they are very pretty and designed to look good if they are visible.

The Macsboost arms are also nice looking and felt / feel very solid in construction, so it isn't like they are made from peanut butter or cast Chinesium. But you only get the camber arms with them, so there is definitely less "stuff" in the setup.

• Informative
Reactions: strider
Ok, just now reading up on this. Can someone give me the Cliff's Notes between the 2 kits? N2itive is $1,400 and Macsboost is $200. It looks like the N2itive includes lowering links. I always drive with the car in Low and use Very Low on the freeway (when I remember). I don't want the car to look slammed and I do have a gravel driveway so don't want it too low.
The palladium suspension is all new but they carried over the old camber gain behavior. Fortunately it is possible to make a robust and affordable camber kit that is much easier to install. Arms are overkill for what you need. The stock arms are great just in the wrong place. Our kit puts them where they should have come from the factory, The Macsboost kit also ingeniously does not require a realignment. If you have toe within spec before install you will have the same toe after. The entire kit can be installed without alignment equipment and in 30 minutes.

• Helpful
I didn't buy the N2itive, but I believe much of the difference is that N2itive comes with the toe arms as well as the links and camber arms, so it is a complete setup. It is also what I would say is "appearance grade" parts, they are very pretty and designed to look good if they are visible.

The Macsboost arms are also nice looking and felt / feel very solid in construction, so it isn't like they are made from peanut butter or cast Chinesium. But you only get the camber arms with them, so there is definitely less "stuff" in the setup.
Our forged arms are for the the first gen s and x. Toe arms are not needed unless you are trying to go extremely low. Our palladium kit takes a different approach to camber correction an offers an affordable, easy to install, high performance solution for the refresh cars.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: geordi
Didn't know you were a member here - You are correct on which ones I have, b/c I have three "classic" S/X platforms, 2 of the S and one X. Both of the S's will have your arms - if I can ever get the time to install the set on the other one! I haven't had them long enough yet to see if they solved the tire wear issue, but I suspect they have.

Reactions: supermac
Can someone give me the Cliff's Notes between the 2 kits?

The below applies to legacy X as that's what I am familiar with. Can't speak to Palladium.

Short answer: Both offer just camber arms, price seems to be the primary differentiator.

Long answer: N2itive also sells just the camber arms. Right now the Macboost are less expensive due to being on sale. Otherwise they are more expensive when not on sale. Other than price and looks, I see no difference in the two options if they both do what they claim.

Macboost does not make their installation procedures publicly available and only provides them after purchase (as of today) so I am unsure if one is easier to install/adjust than another. I suspect it is a very similar process. There are multiple videos on how to install/adjust N2itive parts.

The N2itive toe arms and lowering links can be added separately if desired. I do not see a price discount if ordering the kit vs ordering a la carte. These two items would also work with Macboost camber arms as there is no discernible benefit in having only N2itive parts.

I agree that you only need the camber arms to prevent uneven tire wear while also preventing shudder given two things: Your toe is currently set correctly and the camber arms are adjusted so that you can always drive in low or very low.

• Informative
Our forged arms are for the the first gen s and x. Toe arms are not needed unless you are trying to go extremely low. Our palladium kit takes a different approach to camber correction an offers an affordable, easy to install, high performance solution for the refresh cars.
@macsboost - thanks; very informative. Can you let me know if I’ve got the gist of it?

Considering a new X and trying to get up to speed on the shudder issue.

As I understand it, the current [APR/MAY 2023] X is the 4th* generation for suspension: First Gen → Raven → Refreshed* → Palladium* and the issue of the shudder/CVs wearing out/uneven tire ware has been improved but not yet fixed.

Core to the problem is the X’s height in relation to the drive units, a situation bequeathed to it from being based on the S. Tesla’s tweaked the cars to encourage them to operate a lower height suspension settings but this only seems to postpone the inevitable failures/premature wear, not fix it.

The Palladium revision is the best least worse so far, but still needs a correction on the camber arm to prevent the tires from wearing prematurely and this is where the macsboost camber replacement part comes into play.

*never been clear to me if these are the same, mostly the same, etc.

@macsboost - thanks; very informative. Can you let me know if I’ve got the gist of it?

As I understand it, the current [APR/MAY 2023] X is the 4th* generation for suspension: First Gen → Raven → Refreshed* → Palladium* and the issue of the shudder/CVs wearing out/uneven tire ware has been improved but not yet fixed.

Core to the problem is the X’s height in relation to the drive units, a situation bequeathed to it from being based on the S. Tesla’s tweaked the cars to encourage them to operate a lower height suspension settings but this only seems to postpone the inevitable failures/premature wear, not fix it.

The Palladium revision is the best least worse so far, but still needs a correction on the camber arm to prevent the tires from wearing prematurely and this is where the macsboost camber replacement part comes into play.

*never been clear to me if these are the same, mostly the same,

Shudder is from Cv joint issues. A separate issue from camber. You never hear of

shudder is from Cv joint issues. A separate issue from camber. Rears do not have a problem. It’s the fronts that do. What’s different? The front tires steer. Going easy on the throttle until the wheel is straight has more to do with premature wear than anything. Height only plays a small part. Lowered cars still have joint issues. The palladium did eliminate the jack shaft and both cv joints are internal spline. The first gen design is rather poor as the external spline is not as well supported and prone to winding up under high load and vibrating. The new palladium setup is superior but still prone to steering related wear.

The palladium suspension is all new but they carried over the old camber gain behavior. Fortunately it is possible to make a robust and affordable camber kit that is much easier to install. Arms are overkill for what you need. The stock arms are great just in the wrong place. Our kit puts them where they should have come from the factory, The Macsboost kit also ingeniously does not require a realignment. If you have toe within spec before install you will have the same toe after. The entire kit can be installed without alignment equipment and in 30 minutes.
In trying to diagnose higher than expected energy consumption, I had my alignment measured:
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 10.12.58.png

A little extra rear toe in from your previous setup wouldn’t hurt. Glad you got them! You should notice better rear grip accelerating.
@macsboost - appreciate the posts and follow up. Not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but am somewhat handy and can generally follow along when a concepts explained well.

Slated to take delivery of an XLR in the next week and planning on installing the Rear Camber Correction kit once the car's done with aftermarket.

Based on the prior posts, am I correct to assume it makes sense to have an alignment preformed after the correction kit is installed?

Do you know if there's any other documentation / YouTube videos going into detail about the install?

Thanks!

@macsboost - appreciate the posts and follow up. Not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but am somewhat handy and can generally follow along when a concepts explained well.

Slated to take delivery of an XLR in the next week and planning on installing the Rear Camber Correction kit once the car's done with aftermarket.

Based on the prior posts, am I correct to assume it makes sense to have an alignment preformed after the correction kit is installed?

Do you know if there's any other documentation / YouTube videos going into detail about the install?

Thanks!
Assuming your car has good toe when you take delivery you shouldn’t need an extra alignment visit. Install and enjoy more usable grip and better tire wear. An alignment visit won’t hurt, just more hassle and expense.

Last edited:
Assuming your car has good toe when you take delivery you shouldn’t need an extra alignment visit. Install and enjoy more usable grip and better tire wear. An alignment visit won’t hurt, just more hassle and expense.
Understood - thanks.

Appreciate the follow up.

Also for those looking for install pics see post below from this thread: Caution Model X, Hidden Tire Wear
I just installed the macsboost rear camber kit. They are just spacers that space out the rear upper control arm. Pretty easy to install.
I have a 2022 model x plaid with 13,000 miles and the rear inside tires of the stock Michelin are almost bald. The front tires and the middle and outside of the rear tires still have a lot of life left.

hopefully this fixes my problem.