TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X aftermarket car mats?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rentmyx, Mar 15, 2017.

1. rentmyx

rentmyx Member

Does this exist in Canada? I found a few websites but they all ship from the US and the shipping kills it. Looking for a Canadian company that sells aftermarket Model X stuff. TIA.

2. Scifi_tv_fan

Scifi_tv_fan Member

You could try Weathertech, here's the link to the X on their canadian website,
    www.weathertech.ca/en/tesla/2016/model-x/all-vehicle-mats-avm/

I'm surprised they haven't gotten customized ones for the X yet like they have for the S. You could always email them and inquire if they will be having ones designed for the X.

3. rentmyx

rentmyx Member

Thanks, I was on their site this morning and saw they only have S...might be worth an email. Thanks

4. TomatoOne

TomatoOne Member

Why the interest in Weathertech in the first place? I only have experience with the S, but the optional all-weather mats you get from Tesla cost about the same as Weathertech ($250 USD vs $350 CAD), fit perfectly, and have very tall edges to prevent spillage. They're just as good, if not better than the laser fit Weathertechs we had in our past cars.

5. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

I thought Weathertech made the mats for Tesla. I had a set of Weathertechs and a set of Tesla mats for my 2 Model S's and they looked exactly the same except the badges.

6. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

They are the same, at least for the S. Similar price to Weathertech dealers, maybe even cheaper, plus you get the Tesla badging. I wish I would have gotten the trunk one as well.

7. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I bought from www.coveritcanada.ca - good service and prices (same mats were cheaper shipped than EVannex).

8. 03DSG

03DSG Member

Tesla mats for the S are IDENTICAL to Weathertech.

9. TomatoOne

TomatoOne Member

You guys are absolutely correct.

Weathertech for 2013-2014 Model S
    w2014.jpg

Weathertech for 2015+ Model S
    w2015.jpg

Tesla all weather mats (looks identical to the later Weathertech, sans floor hooks)
    t.jpg

10. rentmyx

rentmyx Member

Thanks! I'm looking for Model X...weathertech only does model s currently. I will check these guys out.

11. rentmyx

rentmyx Member

They don't have any for model X tho...I emailed them and they said nothing in the works yet.

12. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Update - received mats and they look great, don't stink of plastic/rubber (was a concern) and fit great!

• Like x 2
  13. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

Did you get the Lloyd Rubbertite mats ?

I am considreing getting the Tesla mats for the front seats and the Lloyds for the rear 2 rows (6-seater X) since the Tesla ones apparently do not fit in newer VIN vehicles.

Nice to see a canadian company with fair prices (for items and shipping)!

14. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Yes, that's the exact setup I have now - OEM front and Lloyd's for the rest. I'm very impressed with the Lloyds mats and everyone comments that they look great (unprompted too, which is weird for floor mats!).

15. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

Costco (not sure if they are in Canada) carries Goodyear heavy rubber mats. They do not go completely edge to edge, but have about 1" of carpet uncovered. They also come with removable fabric inserts for those that prefer their shoes on carpet, instead of the rubber.

$15.00 for 2 front and 2 second row. Not custom, but good enough for me.

16. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

Before I pull the trigger on the Lloyds, how do you find they perform to hold in snow (fresh and melted) without a raised lip at the edges ?

17. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

I ordered a set of Tesla front mats a month ago when they became available and currently using my old Model S back row mats for the X's 2nd row. I ordered the rubber cargo and rear seat mats from Lloyds and awaiting for their arrival.

18. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Haven't had the chance to test that but I expect they hold snow well with the small "pockets" built-in.