Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X aftermarket car mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this exist in Canada? I found a few websites but they all ship from the US and the shipping kills it. Looking for a Canadian company that sells aftermarket Model X stuff. TIA.

You could try Weathertech, here's the link to the X on their canadian website,
www.weathertech.ca/en/tesla/2016/model-x/all-vehicle-mats-avm/

I'm surprised they haven't gotten customized ones for the X yet like they have for the S. You could always email them and inquire if they will be having ones designed for the X.

Why the interest in Weathertech in the first place? I only have experience with the S, but the optional all-weather mats you get from Tesla cost about the same as Weathertech ($250 USD vs $350 CAD), fit perfectly, and have very tall edges to prevent spillage. They're just as good, if not better than the laser fit Weathertechs we had in our past cars.

Why the interest in Weathertech in the first place? I only have experience with the S, but the optional all-weather mats you get from Tesla cost about the same as Weathertech ($250 USD vs $350 CAD), fit perfectly, and have very tall edges to prevent spillage. They're just as good, if not better than the laser fit Weathertechs we had in our past cars.

I thought Weathertech made the mats for Tesla. I had a set of Weathertechs and a set of Tesla mats for my 2 Model S's and they looked exactly the same except the badges.

You guys are absolutely correct.

Weathertech for 2013-2014 Model S
w2014.jpg

Weathertech for 2015+ Model S
w2015.jpg

Tesla all weather mats (looks identical to the later Weathertech, sans floor hooks)
t.jpg

Update - received mats and they look great, don't stink of plastic/rubber (was a concern) and fit great!

Did you get the Lloyd Rubbertite mats ?

I am considreing getting the Tesla mats for the front seats and the Lloyds for the rear 2 rows (6-seater X) since the Tesla ones apparently do not fit in newer VIN vehicles.

Nice to see a canadian company with fair prices (for items and shipping)!

Did you get the Lloyd Rubbertite mats ?

I am considreing getting the Tesla mats for the front seats and the Lloyds for the rear 2 rows (6-seater X) since the Tesla ones apparently do not fit in newer VIN vehicles.

Nice to see a canadian company with fair prices (for items and shipping)!
Yes, that's the exact setup I have now - OEM front and Lloyd's for the rest. I'm very impressed with the Lloyds mats and everyone comments that they look great (unprompted too, which is weird for floor mats!).

Costco (not sure if they are in Canada) carries Goodyear heavy rubber mats. They do not go completely edge to edge, but have about 1" of carpet uncovered. They also come with removable fabric inserts for those that prefer their shoes on carpet, instead of the rubber.

$15.00 for 2 front and 2 second row. Not custom, but good enough for me.