Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X air conditioner question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I have a 2016 Model X P90DL and am located in sunny hot Southern Florida. Bought it back in November and the a.c. has struggled to cool down the car relatively quickly, and my wife thinks it's because of the huge windshield (and tiny visors).

With summer looming I am concerned that the cooling struggle will only get worse and wonder how to determine normal from maybe inferior, whether to bring it into Tesla (although I can't say it's faulty), or whether the reality is that the Model X in Florida was perhaps a mistake.

Anyone with a Model X in hot climates that can give their two cents??

thanks all!

J

Hello all. I have a 2016 Model X P90DL and am located in sunny hot Southern Florida. Bought it back in November and the a.c. has struggled to cool down the car relatively quickly, and my wife thinks it's because of the huge windshield (and tiny visors).

With summer looming I am concerned that the cooling struggle will only get worse and wonder how to determine normal from maybe inferior, whether to bring it into Tesla (although I can't say it's faulty), or whether the reality is that the Model X in Florida was perhaps a mistake.

Anyone with a Model X in hot climates that can give their two cents??

thanks all!

J
I think you should get it checked. I live in central Florida and it doesn’t take too long. You don’t say how long it takes but my experience has been that it’s about the same as any other car.

The mesh window covers make a difference.
Rear: Model X Rear Liftgate Sunshade
Falcon wing doors: Model X Falcon Wing Sunshade
The one that covers the top-most portion of the windshield should have come with it. I don't see an entry on the tesla shop, but maybe your service center could order one.

Fair warning that the rear one causes poor nighttime visibility. I only use it during day segments of road trips with food in the back.

I live in central Florida and I do not use the mesh sun screens on the windows. I don't have any issues, and usually keeps my car in "range mode" which affects how the climate control works, but if it were close to 100 degrees I might take it out of Range Mode. On a trip a couple years ago to California and back, driving the southern route, I did use the mesh screens on the front windshield and they definitely worked, however took them off as soon as we headed back to Florida as I love the view. As jjcyr suggested, have it checked. Shouldn't cost too much.