Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X air suspension adjustment unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bought a Model X from a Copart auction, light front bumper damage yet all interior airbags blown. Bought all replacements, car wouldn’t move due to low voltage. Replaced main battery pyro fuse & 12v pyro fuse now vehicle is operable. It still shows air suspension adjustment unavailable. I do see wiring near the front driver wheel loose/missing plugs. I so believe the front drive wiring harness needs to be replaced in order for the air suspension to be read/adjustable. I found a harness I can buy, but I’m unfamiliar with what has to be taken apart to put in the new one. Has anyone bought the pdf manuals? Any recommended ones?

You’re a life saver Earl!
Did replacing the wiring fix it? I’m attempting to get a Copart salvage front-end hit 2016 model X going, and it says air suspension not available. The compressor was missing - I got and installed a new compressor, but no change in car response/won’t raise up.. car is therefore speed limited/very rough and bouncy. Do I need to figure out how to clear TAS?

Did replacing the wiring fix it? I’m attempting to get a Copart salvage front-end hit 2016 model X going, and it says air suspension not available. The compressor was missing - I got and installed a new compressor, but no change in car response/won’t raise up.. car is therefore speed limited/very rough and bouncy. Do I need to figure out how to clear TAS?
Any updates on this fix, current’s having the same issue with my 2018 Model X 75D

Update to latest firmware and put car in service mode and post what you see in air suspension service screen
A4A582BF-AA79-478B-9D94-0F947D9F18EE.jpeg

2022 MXP has displayed this message on-and-off since I purchased in August 2022 "Air suspension adjustment unavailable" & "Adaptive ride control degraded. Suspension may not be level". Brought it in for service in October 2022 and they said they replaced LR ride height sensor. Error messages have returned in December 2022. Anyone have some ideas on what might be the issue? I am headed out on 2k mile trip and wondering if I should take this vehicle.

I have had this problem multiple times. Putting in Jack mode and rebooting and fussing with it, gets the error to go away. After leaving the car for two weeks at a service center and burning lots of incense to speak to the gods at Tesla I have been advised by somebody high up in the engineering department that the problem is that the air suspension CANBUS segment can be overloaded and have collision errors, causing the management system to shut down the air suspension system. Anecdotally, I find that when it has occurred the humidity level has been very high and the temperature very low. When the message is appearing, after I get it to clear, I can cause it to reappear by running the suspension up and down a couple of times. QED, software.

I have had this problem multiple times. Putting in Jack mode and rebooting and fussing with it, gets the error to go away. After leaving the car for two weeks at a service center and burning lots of incense to speak to the gods at Tesla I have been advised by somebody high up in the engineering department that the problem is that the air suspension CANBUS segment can be overloaded and have collision errors, causing the management system to shut down the air suspension system. Anecdotally, I find that when it has occurred the humidity level has been very high and the temperature very low. When the message is appearing, after I get it to clear, I can cause it to reappear by running the suspension up and down a couple of times. QED, software.
Those environmental conditions sound perfect for condensation resulting in water getting somewhere it should not be.

Those environmental conditions sound perfect for condensation resulting in water getting somewhere it should not be.
I would agree with you, but, it’s not that high of a humidity and it will happen whether the car has been driven or not. Another words, the car could’ve been sitting for several hours as it gets colder and I can drive it 100 feet in the error message comes up. I could drive it two hours and I’ll get the error message and there’s been a couple of times when it wasn’t that cold and humid and I still got the error message. That’s why I said anecdotally.

2022 MXP air suspension not woking and the error messages light up my display (see attached). Been in for service and after replacing a sensor the issue is still happening. Anyone aware of this issue?

Attachments

• D014D451-5827-4287-9D71-50CF3FB60D50.jpeg
    D014D451-5827-4287-9D71-50CF3FB60D50.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
Just got the same error last night, 2017 MX. Found this thread to hopefully diagnose myself but it looks like I'll have to take it in. Big sad.
I have a 2022 MXP and was getting air suspension errors messages from Aug 2022 when I picked it up. Been in 3 times and finally this week, here is what they did:
Splayed pin found at connector to ride height sensor that was causing intermittent loss of powerwhen driving. New terminal was installed and verified power and ground at sensor

So far it seems to have taken care of it. More time needed however.

I have a 2022 MXP and was getting air suspension errors messages from Aug 2022 when I picked it up. Been in 3 times and finally this week, here is what they did:
Splayed pin found at connector to ride height sensor that was causing intermittent loss of powerwhen driving. New terminal was installed and verified power and ground at sensor

So far it seems to have taken care of it. More time needed however.
Thank you, I'll keep this in my back pocket when they inevitably tell me they can't figure it out. lol