Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X and 3 Owner Test Drive M Y Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
Owning a Model X and Model 3, we test drove a model Y performance today with Gemini wheels. Impressions.

Glass Roof,
Lots of room for the size,

Back seat room exceptional for this size crossover,

performance of course is impressive,

drive generally slightly smoother than the M3 but not close to the MX.

Overall car feels solid but lots of ticks and creeks coming from behind the rear seat area, sounds cheap

Not much for anyone to have issues with, compared to other CUVs of this size range nothing is going to compare for storage, space, practcality, driving performance and still somewhat of a sporty feel.

Personally this type of car should have a slightly softer suspension setup, I can only imagine with Uber 21 wheels will make the ride even more harsh. What I noticed is that when you hit bumps you hear them more than you feel them.

I did really like the seating height, very comfortable front seats

Rear seats not so much, good height and leg room, seats are very firm and flat, found myself sliding on turns, there should be more conforming to the body on the bottom of the seat.

All in all they accomplished their goal, and if you like the M3 this will be a great car for you if you want the extra room, but it will leave you wanting that lower to the ground connected feeling that you do get with the M3.

Split, you can tell the Y has a better structural build, better tech, more comfortable front seats, not rear, they are 2 completely different animals. Take away the coolness of the X gadgets and doors I would choose the Y. The X is beginning to feel dated and after 48k miles on the X the body is loosening up enough that i really notice the lesser build quality. The driving dynamics of the Y is more connected and engaging...

Reactions: Electric Steve
Owning a Model X and Model 3, we test drove a model Y performance today with Gemini wheels. Impressions.

Glass Roof,
Lots of room for the size,

Back seat room exceptional for this size crossover,

performance of course is impressive,

drive generally slightly smoother than the M3 but not close to the MX.

Overall car feels solid but lots of ticks and creeks coming from behind the rear seat area, sounds cheap

Not much for anyone to have issues with, compared to other CUVs of this size range nothing is going to compare for storage, space, practcality, driving performance and still somewhat of a sporty feel.

Personally this type of car should have a slightly softer suspension setup, I can only imagine with Uber 21 wheels will make the ride even more harsh. What I noticed is that when you hit bumps you hear them more than you feel them.

I did really like the seating height, very comfortable front seats

Rear seats not so much, good height and leg room, seats are very firm and flat, found myself sliding on turns, there should be more conforming to the body on the bottom of the seat.

All in all they accomplished their goal, and if you like the M3 this will be a great car for you if you want the extra room, but it will leave you wanting that lower to the ground connected feeling that you do get with the M3.

Did you have seat belts on when you were sitting the rear seat? That helps with sliding.

Split, you can tell the Y has a better structural build, better tech, more comfortable front seats, not rear, they are 2 completely different animals. Take away the coolness of the X gadgets and doors I would choose the Y. The X is beginning to feel dated and after 48k miles on the X the body is loosening up enough that i really notice the lesser build quality. The driving dynamics of the Y is more connected and engaging...
What year is your MX?