Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (and NOT the S) sold out 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Racerx22b

@unplggdd on Instagram
Nov 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
There is a USA Today article this morning quoting Elon Musk as saying they are sold out for 2015. You can order a Model S today for late March delivery so I don't understand this statement. Why would he make this claim?

I can't find an online link to the article but it was in their paper version this morning.

There is a USA Today article this morning quoting Elon Musk as saying they are sold out for 2015. You can order a Model S today for late March delivery so I don't understand this statement. Why would he make this claim?I can't find an online link to the article but it was in their paper version this morning.
The Model X is sold out for this year, even assuming they hit the summer 2015 release promise - that's probably what they misquoted.Walter

The Model X is sold out for this year, even assuming they hit the summer 2015 release promise - that's probably what they misquoted.Walter

Yes, Elon Musk said they were sold out for 2015 regarding Model X. Tesla _could_ make Model S sold out for 2015 instead by only focus and produce Model X after it is released but that would not be a wise or economical correct move. Then Model X is release, Tesla will probably have +20k reservations that will change to orders and that is more than is possible for half a year on a new model.