Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X and S Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i already took a huge financial hit trading in my 16 month old Model S for a Model X, so might have to sit this one out haha. I can live without the 30 mile extra range upgrade. Im guessing current S/X will also be able to charge up to 145kw on V2 and 200kw on V3 seeing how its the same battery pack?

There are 2 issues with this new announcement, specifically in this part: "We also want to emphasize the critical impact each of our early Tesla owners has had on advancing our mission, so as a thank you, all existing Model S and Model X owners who wish to purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car will get the Ludicrous Mode upgrade, a $20,000 value, at no additional charge."
First, does it mean that you are only worth this gratitude when you will by the Performance version and not in case you buy the Long Range version?
Secondly, going to the Tesla website the Ludicrous mode upgrade is offered at much less than $20,000.

There are 2 issues with this new announcement, specifically in this part: "We also want to emphasize the critical impact each of our early Tesla owners has had on advancing our mission, so as a thank you, all existing Model S and Model X owners who wish to purchase a new Model S or Model X Performance car will get the Ludicrous Mode upgrade, a $20,000 value, at no additional charge."
First, does it mean that you are only worth this gratitude when you will by the Performance version and not in case you buy the Long Range version?
Secondly, going to the Tesla website the Ludicrous mode upgrade is offered at much less than $20,000.
Performance doesn’t come with ludicrous any more. It got decoupled to make Performance cheaper. Ludicrous is a $20,000 upgrade.

i already took a huge financial hit trading in my 16 month old Model S for a Model X, so might have to sit this one out haha. I can live without the 30 mile extra range upgrade. Im guessing current S/X will also be able to charge up to 145kw on V2 and 200kw on V3 seeing how its the same battery pack?
Apparently they can push older cars to do 145kw charging. But they cannot do 200kw, as that requires different hardware.

It costs $20,000 as of today. Check again or maybe switch to USD

Apparently they can push older cars to do 145kw charging. But they cannot do 200kw, as that requires different hardware.

It was pointed out to me that some of the teardown videos show a much thicker set of cables connecting the charge port to the pack on the 3 than legacy S/X had. It may literally be the wiring in the car that's limiting the peak rate.

It costs $20,000 as of today. Check again or maybe switch to USD
Here is a Print Screen of what I saw on the Australian website:
New versions and pricing for Model S & X.jpg

"...upgraded our air suspension system for Model S and Model X with fully-adaptive damping, giving it an ultra-cushioned feel when cruising on the highway or using Autopilot, and a responsive, exhilarating confidence during dynamic driving."

I felt that the S was already better than the X, but now it must be so awesome with this upgrade.

This news means that anyone who ordered an S or X in the past week are going to see the value of the car drop even before you take delivery!

"...upgraded our air suspension system for Model S and Model X with fully-adaptive damping, giving it an ultra-cushioned feel when cruising on the highway or using Autopilot, and a responsive, exhilarating confidence during dynamic driving."

The felt that the S was already better than the X, but now it must be so awesome with this upgrade.

This news means that anyone who ordered an S or X in the past week are going to see the value of the car drop even before you take delivery!
uh..... yup!

Interesting indeed. To me this feels like a stop-gap between today and the eventual introduction of a newly designed pack with 2170s, as Electrek reported earlier last week. That article suggested a release as early as summer. So while this is incredibly tempting to this X90D owner, I'm still thinking I might hold off.

Boy, I could use the range with my camper, though. I'm currently seeing about 120 miles total range, this would bump it over 160 miles.

Interesting indeed. To me this feels like a stop-gap between today and the eventual introduction of a newly designed pack with 2170s, as Electrek reported earlier last week. That article suggested a release as early as summer. So while this is incredibly tempting to this X90D owner, I'm still thinking I might hold off.

Boy, I could use the range with my camper, though. I'm currently seeing about 120 miles total range, this would bump it over 160 miles.
I wouldn’t be surprised when people start taking delivery of this new build, the interior/exterior refresh will be announced. They have to separate the full refresh for multiple demand levers. Likewise as tempting as it is now to get the Performance with free ludicrous I’ll hold off.

• Informative
Reactions: Doctt