Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X and Tai Tam Road Dam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won't risk this even if I'm driving a Mini.

I haven't tape measured the pass, but would you take your chance with 2-way traffic on the bridge? All it takes for a rather expensive repair bill is just one incident. This is a statistical inevitability when you're driving such a wide car and crossing the bridge.

For the same reason that I'm reluctant to drive MS into many car parks with narrow entrances. Sure, you may save a few bucks, but sooner or later, you may end up with an expensive bill to repair rim rash or body panel scratches.

I am writing to ask if any resident on the south side of Hong Kong have been able to navigate through Tai Tam Road Dam with a double deck bus or a coach coming through in the opposite direction with their model X?
I did once with my MS which I had to fold the side mirrors and rely on the ultrasound sensors. But MX has 8cm wider than MS, so it maybe a problem.

Gone over it a few times with the MS when traffic was heavy. Definitely not enjoyable but survived. Definitely not a road I would want to drive every day. Going close to the edge is one thing, but can't control the other cars. 8cm wider? Aberdeen tunnel here we go...