Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Anyone in process or filed Lemon Law ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello ,

I am a Tesla Model X owner for over a year now. However, after 6 or 7 times repaired on the falcon wing doors, issue still remaining.

Has anyone filed or in process with Lemon Law in Los Angeles area or CA ?

Can you share your experience and how it works out ?

Ps: I scheduled my x for repair falcon wing door again yesterday and both Buena Park and Costa Mesa dealership wait time is 1 month!!!!!!!

Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Same with my Falcon wing doors. I have schedule my appointment on the 3rd for the 23rd. waiting.....
In the past I did a walk-in at the Van Nuys store since my passenger door was unresponsive (it was opening while the car was in motion) Still my friends at buena park SC said it safe to drive and scheduled my appointment for a month.

Tesla prefers not to get into a confrontational issue with you. I know for a fact, that if you are tired of having your car repaired repeatedly, then Tesla will find a satisfactory solution for you. Discuss it with the manager of the Tesla facility where you had the car repaired. Lot less headache than filling out multiple Lemon Law forms, possibly hiring a lawyer, etc.

FWD issue .... imagine that ...
;)
ours will be in the shop around 2 p.m. today for fwd door issue - after just 5 or 6 cycles & a few hrs of ownership.
;)
Imagine that. keeping your expectations low will help .... welcome to tesla - where ongoing software upgrades sometimes come before functionality fit & finish. it's good to be the only game in town. I think when I hear the indifferent mumbling words come from service techs, that pretty much says it. but hey, it's not their fault, they didn't build it - they're just supposed to fix it. what can you do, buy a Chevy Bolt for your EV?

I am in the process. Beware. At first they would really only communicate over the phone, promising a lot. However, when they finally presented their offer, it was not what they had been promising the entire time. I filed my notice with them and it was received by them, certified mail, on February 27. I am more than willing to assist you in any way. Here are all my videos of problems; I will be adding more in the coming weeks.

More Tesla Model X window FAIL!
Tesla Model X Falcon Wing Door FAIL!
Tesla Water Intrusion
Tesla Model X FAIL, window noise AFTER being repaired!!!
Tesla Model X Safety Fail, side view mirror fail
Tesla Model X window fail!
Tesla Model X Door Fail!

Same with my Falcon wing doors. I have schedule my appointment on the 3rd for the 23rd. waiting.....
In the past I did a walk-in at the Van Nuys store since my passenger door was unresponsive (it was opening while the car was in motion) Still my friends at buena park SC said it safe to drive and scheduled my appointment for a month.

You are kidding, right? Safe to drive with doors opening while the car is moving? I see a law suit coming when a small rock or object hits a passenger from the outside. I think I would get that quote in writing from them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Swift
I'm thinking about this as we speak. My car is in service for a ~month now + a ~month of delivery delay(after the first delivery attempt). Basically I drove the car for one month in 3 months.
Should I call the number specified in this PDF and see if they will take the car back without sending any documents?
Is there a doc template I can use to initiate the dispute settlement program?

Thank you

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
I'm thinking about this as we speak. My car is in service for a ~month now + a ~month of delivery delay(after the first delivery attempt). Basically I drove the car for one month in 3 months.
Should I call the number specified in this PDF and see if they will take the car back without sending any documents?
Is there a doc template I can use to initiate the dispute settlement program?

Thank you

They were pretty open to speaking with me and making offers regarding the buyback of my vehicle when I emailed about my intent to file alemon law claim. Then they spent about two months confirming with me over the phone a lot of the details of my buyback. Finally, I received a call saying everything was approved, except they weren't going to honor a lot that was promised over the phone. So I took the next step and followed the procedure outlined in the user's manual for filing a lemon law claim. My claim was received in their mail room February 27, 2017. I still have not heard back from them about the claim. The next step will have to be lawsuit, unless they respond in time, in which case we will go to non-binding arbitration.

They were pretty open to speaking with me and making offers regarding the buyback of my vehicle when I emailed about my intent to file alemon law claim. Then they spent about two months confirming with me over the phone a lot of the details of my buyback. Finally, I received a call saying everything was approved, except they weren't going to honor a lot that was promised over the phone. So I took the next step and followed the procedure outlined in the user's manual for filing a lemon law claim. My claim was received in their mail room February 27, 2017. I still have not heard back from them about the claim. The next step will have to be lawsuit, unless they respond in time, in which case we will go to non-binding arbitration.

Just file in court, it's just like filing a small claim. With all the issues you have had and proof that it's been in the shop and not fixed it will be an easy win. Tesla is only stalling because they know you will not file. Do it!

• Love
Reactions: davidc18 and Cowby
What kind of issues are you having with your FWD?

the alignment is third class, passenger window is slow and noisy, rubber seal on roof element is folded and frayed. IMG_3999.jpgIMG_3995.jpgIMG_3980.jpgIMG_3962.jpgIMG_3938.jpgIMG_3942.jpg

My car was completed on 22nd December 2016 and arrived on 27th March 2017. thats a little over three months and I am already concerned about the battery quality

the alignment is third class, passenger window is slow and noisy, rubber seal on roof element is folded and frayed.View attachment 220426View attachment 220427View attachment 220428View attachment 220429View attachment 220430View attachment 220431

My car was completed on 22nd December 2016 and arrived on 27th March 2017. thats a little over three months and I am already concerned about the battery quality

Ok, before you start thinking of filing a lemon law, perhaps you can give Tesla time to fix your issues. You've had the car for less than 72 hours.

To each their own; however, it sounds like you should not have accepted delivery if these were major issues for you. FWIW.

Debaser has had his car for quite a long time and has issues that apparently can't get fixed. And he tells us about them all the time. Literally, all the time. Like every-week-in-new-threads all the time. :)

Last edited: