TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X AP1 autopilot manual steering adjustment

Discussion in 'Model X' started by asfw, Jun 16, 2017.

1. asfw

asfw Member

Has anyone noticed that Autopilot seems to make fine adjustments and course corrections through gentle steering inputs?

I've noticed this only recently, in the last few months. My Model X was delivered in October 2016, one of the last to have the AP1 hardware. The updates have mostly been for AP2, but I have noticed improvements in AP1 as well.

The ability to adjust the car's path was not present when I first took delivery of the car. Recently, I tried gently steering it to one side or another, especially in curves, and it seems to follow my steering suggestions.

I'm not sure if this is all in my head, as I've been driving with MB's Steering Pilot, which is nowhere as good as Autopilot, but MB's system does accept steering inputs as guidance, meaning it's a hybrid system. You can move the wheel while Steering Pilot is on, and the combination of your input and the car determines the steering angle. Reflexively, I found myself doing the same on the Model X, and it seems to work to a certain extent.

Anyone else notice this?

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I use this on my AP1 X too. I thought it was always there though.