Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April 2017 Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
April is near, creating thread to track Model X deliveries and experiences. based on March
I don't have an exact date but DS tells me she expects delivery of my Model X75D to be between April 15th-20th. I'm in Vancouver, Canada.

When was your order confirmed?

Mine was confirmed on 3/9, with "Late April - May" quoted on Tesla.com, but DS hasn't given me a more precise delivery range.

I'll post here and hope for the best...come on April delivery!

Ordered: 3/3/17
Confirmed: 3/10/17
Vin: 44xxx
Estimate: Originally Late April-May, switched to April-Early May, now back to Late April-May
Config: 100D, Deep Blue, Ultra White, Carbon Fiber, 20", 7 Seat, EAP, UHFS, Subzero, Towing, HA Charger
(couldn't justify $4.5K for PUP...especially with ultra white, and Tesla will see my $ for FSD once/if they actually get it working)
Trade-In: Trading-in my 2014 Model S P85 with 46K miles using Resale Value Guarantee which is higher than the trade-in value
In production: TBD
Delivery Location: Bellevue, WA

When was your order confirmed?

Mine was confirmed on 3/9, with "Late April - May" quoted on Tesla.com, but DS hasn't given me a more precise delivery range.

sorry, should have been more verbose:

Config: 75D, Solid Black, Ultra White, 20", 6 Seat, EAP, Towing
Ordered: 11/28/16
Confirmed: 12/01/16
Vin: 42xxx
In Production: 03/28/17 (today!)
Estimated Delivery Range: April - Early May
Delivery Location: Vancouver, Canada

I asked for as late of delivery as possible without losing unlimited supercharging.

Order placed with electronically accepted terms: 10-FEB-2017
Vehicle design confirmed: 13-FEB-2017

Model X 75D
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
20" Silver Slipstream Wheels
White
Ultra White Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Seven Seat Interior
Enhanced Autopilot
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package

VIN is 042xxx
Estimated Delivery Range: March 31, 2017 - April 7, 2017

Our X order (details in signature below)
03/09/17 Ordered
03/16/17 Order confirmed and scheduled for production
03/17/17 VIN assigned 0454xx
03/18/17 Delivery estimated late April - early May
03/19/17 Michael Jackson's doctor infused Propofol for deep sleep to buyer
03/30/17 No changes yet. Husband still in deep sleep.

I was in San Fran this week and thought it be neat to check out the Fremont factory. Luckily had a tour slot available.

I felt like Charlie in the chocolate factory. Going through the different lines, watching machines making machines was incredible.

My X went into production a couple days ago and I kept looking at all the ones on at various stages wondering if 'that' one was mine. :D

somehow, I'm now even more excited. :)

If you can do a delivery at Fremont or getting there isn't too inconvenient, I recommend it. Disclaimer, it's still just a factory that makes cars. No Oompa Loompas

That seems odd considering that we ordered a month later and the site still says delivery in late April - early May. Perhaps our delivery date will change also.
My x is now in transit from factory, deliver range now is april 23 to may 7, stil in late april / early may.
hope it will be here sooner.
Really need this vehicle to carry my two babies.

Reactions: FlyF4
Config: 75D, Solid Black, Ultra White, 20", 6 Seat, EAP, Towing
Ordered: 11/28/16
Confirmed: 12/01/16
Vin: 42xxx
In Production: 03/28/17 (today!)
Estimated Delivery Range: April - Early May
Delivery Location: Vancouver, Canada
finished production: 04/06/17
delivery: 04/12/17

Unfortunately I'm out of town for a week while my Tesla is ready to pick up tomorrow. The torture! :)

finished production: 04/06/17
delivery: 04/12/17

Unfortunately I'm out of town for a week while my Tesla is ready to pick up tomorrow. The torture! :)

I failed at being patient enough. Took a day trip to pick it up. So while I question my willpower, I at least get to do so while I drive in this spaceship.

Delivery went very well. Fit and finish was solid. No issues whatsoever so far.

I don't have many photos because I've been playing with it too much. However, I do want to note one new change. As initially seen via Tesla.com image renderings, the X has changed the look and feel of the back of the seats. They are no longer glossy and plastic looking, they now have a matte finish. In my opinion, they look fantastic and I bet will be more durable. Time will tell.

I can take more photos or answer questions if anyone is interested while you wait for delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gtmike and FlyF4
One small issue I have is the driver side FWD gives a 'groan' for a second during opening and closing. From what I've read, this has been an on-going issue with the doors that is still common even today. I'll be making a service appointment eventually, once I'm willing to part with it for a bit and after I make sure there are no other issues.