Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what they said, it seemed more like a QC issue rather than a staffing issue. The DS' words (paraphrasing) were - 'the vehicle will not be ready by Wednesday and we will let you know when it is ready for pick up'

I was told that the it was due to the lack of staffing to complete the QC in time for the previously proposed appointment. (Hoping there aren't too many QC issues found though getting them fixed before delivery is always better than the alternative)

• Informative
Reactions: umeshunni
Hopefully quality issues will be resolved, especially since you can no longer take advantage of the $2,500 rebate

While this would be case for many it is not generally true because of two factors
- The prevailing qualifications for California rebate are driven by order date which is not the delivery date. I would expect that most April deliveries have order dates before March 29. (there is another thread on this topic here at TMC)
- The new qualifications for CA Rebate are income based. I know Tesla buyers are high income earners but just as an example the new rebate qualification cut off for the married filing jointly is $480k/annually. Given that the median household income of Tesla buyers is about $280K, I am sure many will still continue to quality for the $2.5K rebate.

I wonder if it is because they do not have the multi pattern seats available yet. I have not even heard of anyone getting a delivery with regular non perforated leather seats. I look forward to hearing comfort comparisons between the seats.

I wonder the same thing I have a P90DL on order since late December with the BMP seats and it seems to keep getting pushed back in the queue. I'm told early April now, but still no confirmed date.

I wonder the same thing I have a P90DL on order since late December with the BMP seats and it seems to keep getting pushed back in the queue. I'm told early April now, but still no confirmed date.

Please do give your impressions when finally you get your X with BMP seats. I would bet you and umeshunni get your cars if not at the same time, within several days of each other despite the difference in performance options because of your seat options.

I too am awaiting the multi-pattern seats with an original delivery date expected to be late March - April. I note on the Model X tracker that no multi-pattern seating vehicles seem to have been delivered yet. It makes sense to me that they are batching the 5% of vehicles that have this config.

May be getting organised for the in store Model 3 line up , they will have to arrange their setup to accommodate as many people as they can as each one of them will take up a mini counter to help model 3 reservations.
Scheduled for late April. Vin number provided several weeks ago. Long trip across country to Naples. So we will see as well. No changes to website other than VIN number and Scheduled date for a couple of weeks now.