Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called my DS and he was giving me the same canned response that I get all the time. this is after multiple delays and even a delivery cancellation the day of the delivery after I and other members of my family had already moved their meetings.

I told my DS, respectfully, that I need more than what he see's on his computer screen. I told him I am fine with getting the car 2 days or 2 months from now, but what I a not ok with is last minute cancellations because it disrupts everybody's schedule. I told him I know things are crazy there so I get it, but that he should make a call and get the real status.

He reluctantly agreed to call the production manager and call me back.

Let's see what he says/

Reactions: sukhi and umeshunni
I suppose I can at least find out whether they'll be delivering the car to Kansas City or Dallas. My DS seems to be located in Dallas, so I'm thinking Dallas. Also, I should inform him that I will be traveling out of the country for most of April, so can only do May pickup.

So more on the rollercoaster.

Fremont - Apparently no delivery slots available today or tomorrow. Sunday they are closed. Next week I cant do during the week. Saturday the 9th they are saying no deliveries because they are closed for an event. Sunday the 10th they are closed.

Dublin - I asked about taking delivery in Dublin and they said they don't do deliveries there. I asked if somebody could just meet me and we could spend 30 minutes and get it done and they said no.

Palo Alto - I said what about Palo Alto and they said it would take a week to transport the car from Fremont to Palo Alto (~20 miles). I told them I routinely get my S serviced and delivered to me from Fremont to Palo Alto so don't know why it would take a week to transport the car 20 miles. They said its a different process to transport new car vs service vehicle.

I told the DS that it sounds like they are getting to hung up on process and not trying to solve the problem especially since they are constrained in Fremont and I am the one coming up with options. He is putting in the transfer request and I will get assigned a DS out of PA. Once that DS is assigned I am going to call them and see if working with a different DS makes a difference.

Definitely not the customer service or startup problem solving culture Elon would expect of his team

So more on the rollercoaster.

Fremont - Apparently no delivery slots available today or tomorrow. Sunday they are closed. Next week I cant do during the week. Saturday the 9th they are saying no deliveries because they are closed for an event. Sunday the 10th they are closed.

Dublin - I asked about taking delivery in Dublin and they said they don't do deliveries there. I asked if somebody could just meet me and we could spend 30 minutes and get it done and they said no.

Palo Alto - I said what about Palo Alto and they said it would take a week to transport the car from Fremont to Palo Alto (~20 miles). I told them I routinely get my S serviced and delivered to me from Fremont to Palo Alto so don't know why it would take a week to transport the car 20 miles. They said its a different process to transport new car vs service vehicle.

I told the DS that it sounds like they are getting to hung up on process and not trying to solve the problem especially since they are constrained in Fremont and I am the one coming up with options. He is putting in the transfer request and I will get assigned a DS out of PA. Once that DS is assigned I am going to call them and see if working with a different DS makes a difference.

Definitely not the customer service or startup problem solving culture Elon would expect of his team

Working with different DS certainly makes a difference. My Fremont DS was totally unresponsive but the one in PA was super helpful.

Since I was so miffed with my DS, I too considered changing my delivery to PA and the PA DS told me that she could get the car to me within a day from Fremont (including delivery). I ultimately kept my Fremont delivery because of the true of the factory tour but I wish I hadn't.

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
So the saga continues.

Spoke to my new DS in Palo Alto (very helpful and responsive) and he said the X has not been cleared for delivery. I told him I was flabbergasted because the Fremont DS told me last night at 7:15 pm to come to the factory at 8 pm and pickup my X which I could not do with such short notice. So how could the car all of a sudden not be ready again.

He said after March delivery they have put a halt on X delivery as they want to do another round of inspections and apply some changes.

I told him I am fine with this because it is better that they fix any potential issues rather than me taking delivery only to hand it back.

However, I did tell him that I wanted him to call QC rather than just look at his computer screen so we can get to the bottom of the actual story.

I told him again that I am not fussed about getting delivery now vs 2 weeks...I just want a firm date so I can not left moving meetings last minute as has been the case over the last week.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
I have a 31xx VIN. I met my DS at the Meet the Model X event, and trust he is keeping up with my status. We are anticipating going to production next week. There is some who are saying Freemont is shut down for the next 4 days -- relief from the end of quarter press and some updates to the assembly line. All is good, so I don't feel a need to email my DS... he has my "back".

So the saga continues.

Spoke to my new DS in Palo Alto (very helpful and responsive) and he said the X has not been cleared for delivery. I told him I was flabbergasted because the Fremont DS told me last night at 7:15 pm to come to the factory at 8 pm and pickup my X which I could not do with such short notice. So how could the car all of a sudden not be ready again.

He said after March delivery they have put a halt on X delivery as they want to do another round of inspections and apply some changes.

I told him I am fine with this because it is better that they fix any potential issues rather than me taking delivery only to hand it back.

However, I did tell him that I wanted him to call QC rather than just look at his computer screen so we can get to the bottom of the actual story.

I told him again that I am not fussed about getting delivery now vs 2 weeks...I just want a firm date so I can not left moving meetings last minute as has been the case over the last week.

I got a similar email from my DS - set the expectation for a 'mid-April' delivery.

I got a similar email from my DS - set the expectation for a 'mid-April' delivery.
Since you are in SF - are you taking delivery in Fremont or somewhere else? I was down for the factory tour, but now I'm feeling like the Fremont facility is very busy and a source of delivery delays so I might try moving it to Burlingame or somewhere else. Does Burlingame even do deliveries?