Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 171420 View attachment 171421 After a week at the detailer, "Tessie" (my wife and daughters ... what could I do ) finally arrived home today! We picked her up in south San Jose, drove up to Fremont to charge up and go to the owners event, then home to San Francisco, where our 2016 car was shoehorned into a 1912 garage ... with about 2" to spare. The extension cord on the ground is for a 10-30p / J1772 for our Volt when we charge it on the street (most of the time). The joys of City life. Next item on the to-do list is completely reorganize the garage! Oh, and the car is truly amazing. Autopilot worked incredibly well everywhere, even on City streets much of the time (though hands were on the wheel at all times ... more of an experiment ).
gasp..suddenly aware of breathing... deep breaths... deep breaths...
That is one TIGHT garage. I don't mean any disrespect, hats off to you to make that setup work. :eek:
Edit: You don't live in an earthquake prone area do you?
Edit 2: You do!! I hope everything is braced for earthquakes.

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamZ
I contacted my DS a week ago on another matter, but asked if there was any information on my P90D. To my surprise, he replied in that my car was finished production..... wow, no updates to MYTesla page, but good information. Hopefully, delivery in a few weeks as the X has to get here to ATL. I sure some truck is winging its way East, he said "hopefully".

Reactions: EV Family
I got the premium upgrade so automatic doors. And man they are sweet! Really helpful when you have stuff in your hands getting into the car.

Best thing about the premium upgrade is that you actually get your car, IMHO. Been waiting on a P90DL with just about everything but the PUP, confirmed in beginning of January, and I still have no date from my DS as to when it will actually be ready, or if it is really even in production. If the PUP was so important to an early delivery, I don't know why they wouldn't have just stated that in the Design Studio. Instead, it was intimated that ordering a P90D or P90DL would get you the car sooner than ordering a 90D. We sort of needed this car more than a month ago, which is at least part of why I rationalized an extra $30k on a P90DL over a 90D. Alright, I'm done with my monthly rant...

Maybe you can change your order and drop the Ludicrous and add Premium Pkg. ludicrous can be added later for the same price.

Best thing about the premium upgrade is that you actually get your car, IMHO. Been waiting on a P90DL with just about everything but the PUP, confirmed in beginning of January, and I still have no date from my DS as to when it will actually be ready, or if it is really even in production. If the PUP was so important to an early delivery, I don't know why they wouldn't have just stated that in the Design Studio. Instead, it was intimated that ordering a P90D or P90DL would get you the car sooner than ordering a 90D. We sort of needed this car more than a month ago, which is at least part of why I rationalized an extra $30k on a P90DL over a 90D. Alright, I'm done with my monthly rant...
Maybe

gasp..suddenly aware of breathing... deep breaths... deep breaths...
That is one TIGHT garage. I don't mean any disrespect, hats off to you to make that setup work. :eek:
Edit: You don't live in an earthquake prone area do you?
Edit 2: You do!! I hope everything is braced for earthquakes.
I do live in earthquake country ... and I know I need to do some significant remodeling. I have storage lockers coming in that will get rid of all the open shelving and an overhead rack system that I hope to have installed in the next couple of weeks

That's a bummer. I live in the city too (Noe) and have a garage similar to yours and was hoping I'd be able to summon it inside. Guess that's not an option, then.

I was hoping Summon at least could let me back out my narrow garage, but I would be a little uncomfortable letting it pull into the garage on auto. I just tried it a couple of times and no dice. The X starts up, reverse lights come on, then it shuts off - everyone should keep this in mind if you happen to be somewhere where people are parking less than 8" from you (then I guess you crawl through the rear gate :rolleyes:).

I'm going to put in a request for some sort of "override Summon , I'm signing my life away when I use this feature", but I'm not holding my breath unless they start selling lots Teslas to people who have narrow garages rather than to people who generally have lots of garage space.

BTW, when I climb into the car, and manually put the car into forward and reverse, here's what the sensors are seeing. It pretty much explains why the car won't back out of my garage:
Tesla_Summons_Narrow_Garage_2016-04-10 16.12.20.jpg

Last edited:
Somethings is not right here. It couldn't be this late or this long. You need to check. Did u get a VIN?

I think Colby Boles will not need to wait much longer. I will have my car in 3 weeks or so. No one confirmed this, but I am a believer in Positive thinking. My car has been in production for about 2 weeks, so there is little reason for it to not be nearly done. I reserved in 2012 and ordered on 11/30/16. Technically, if you ordered a P90DL to jump ahead in line, you succeeded, because you managed to get ahead of many people. My original reservation number was much lower than my actual VIN.

Soon... Things are really moving. Do not be surprised if you get a call within a few days of the actual date your car will be ready to be picked up.

I contacted my DS a week ago on another matter, but asked if there was any information on my P90D. To my surprise, he replied in that my car was finished production..... wow, no updates to MYTesla page, but good information. Hopefully, delivery in a few weeks as the X has to get here to ATL. I sure some truck is winging its way East, he said "hopefully".
@Aljohn what was your initiall estimated delivery period and your vin?
I contacted my DS last week (same as yours) but still haven't heard a peep.

@Pjjava34 -- My Estimated Delivery was/is April - Early May. I have never received any updates narrowing the time frame better, so MYTESLA updates or not may not be an indicator. My VIN is 31xx. P90D, Premium Interior, UHi-Fi, 22 inch rims, Tow Hitch, everything but cold weather and Ludicrous. My Order was place over a year before yours -- March 2014. That may make a difference and I confirmed in Dec 2015, so have been in the Factory Que a little longer. Rumor is the Model X design Studio will be Open to new Orders (as is Model S) beginning later today.

Zac always returns E-mails. It may take a few days to a week, but he responds. I am sure he will get back to you. He didn't give a response like: " I will Check" he usually finds information and then responds with what is known. That takes a little longer.

• Informative
Reactions: EV Family
@Pjjava34 -- My Estimated Delivery was/is April - Early May. I have never received any updates narrowing the time frame better, so MYTESLA updates or not may not be an indicator. My VIN is 31xx. P90D, Premium Interior, UHi-Fi, 22 inch rims, Tow Hitch, everything but cold weather and Ludicrous. My Order was place over a year before yours -- March 2014. That may make a difference and I confirmed in Dec 2015, so have been in the Factory Que a little longer. Rumor is the Model X design Studio will be Open to new Orders (as is Model S) beginning later today.

Zac always returns E-mails. It may take a few days to a week, but he responds. I am sure he will get back to you. He didn't give a response like: " I will Check" he usually finds information and then responds with what is known. That takes a little longer.

@Aljohn Thanks for the wonderful info. You're quite a ways ahead of me as far as vin number (49xx) and order date. I'm secretly hoping my estimated of April/Early May is on the same truck as yours but it sounds like Zac will get back to me sooner or later. What I'm more concerned about is the possibility that new P90D orders with the design studio opening up taking precedence over my existing 90D order. Thanks and look forward to your delivery pics and initial thoughts.