Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The seats are probably one of the last things to go into the car, after several days on the line, so I think cars that went into production on or shortly before March 24, were slated to receive the new seats. The improvement of the product was a result of a lot of testing, and the new seats did not just show up. The replacement was planned, and it may have slowed the progress of some cars by a few days but not much more.

My order has been configured since the beginning of December, and I have had a VIN since the beginning of March. As far as I can tell, my car was in production as of March 24, but my DES did not tell me when in started. I asked, but he just said that he can confirm it was in production. Not what stage or anything else. It is nice that other people get that kind of info, but alas, I do not. The DES said that he will be contacting me when it is assigned transport. I am not very excited by the prospect of floor and demo models will be shipped before mine (while I am kept in the dark.) At least he confirmed that I am still slated for April/Early May.

Last edited:
The seats are probably one of the last things to go into the car, after several days on the line, so I think cars that went into production on or shortly before March 24, were slated to receive the new seats. The improvement of the product was a result of a lot of testing, and the new seats did not just show up. The replacement was planned, and it may have slowed the progress of some cars by a few days but not much more.

My order has been configured since the beginning of December, and I have had a VIN since the beginning of March. As far as I can tell, my car was in production as of March 24, but my DES did not tell me when in started. I asked, but he just said that he can confirm it was in production. Not what stage or anything else. It is nice that other people get that kind of info, but alas, I do not. The DES said that he will be contacting me when it is assigned transport. I am not very excited by the prospect of floor and demo models will be shipped before mine (while I am kept in the dark.) At least he confirmed that I am still slated for April/Early May.
I think because we're outside of CA we're out of luck. It is frustrating seeing vins higher than me get emails, info and production (even some delivered) while mine sits back to CA deliveries. You certainly deserve to have your car by now considering your early configuration and vin assignment.
Rant over.

Is this progress? Just noticed it today. Anyone else have it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 6.34.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 6.34.31 PM.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 114
Was this a response to an inquiry you made or just an update of the build progress? Is it possible some vehicles that started production before the March 26 update are being sent back into production to change to the new 3rd row seat?
Our memo indicated that our X was not affected by the recall, which tells me that ours was not/has not been built yet.:eek: