Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@asicguy,

Looks like you have been one of the first non-Premium pkg deliveries. Can you please post some pics of the front fog lights and interior since these would be different.

Also, can you let us know if the tailgate is powered and is the spoiler active or not.

Thanks in advance

Will post some pics tomorrow (or later today since its past midnight now).

Non-premium package does not have front fog lights, only rear fog lights.

Tailgate is powered - button on the tailgate plus can be opened / closed via key.

Spoilers on non-P are not active. It does close when the car is locked, and raises when you unlock the car.

Reactions: Cloc
Some pics as promised. Sun is too high in South OC, so they are not that great...

P.S. Stable is now equalizing carbon footprint.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 146
Fob only opens Falcon Wing Doors. Front doors open by pressing the handle. Major differences are already listed in Design Studio:
Auto presenting doors
More cabin interior lights
Ventilated seats (non-PUP has front heated seats only)
Front fog lights

For us the only reason to upgrade to PUP would have been fog lights and ventilated seats, but it wasn't worth it for us.

Incidentally one thing I noted was that the back windows are already tinted (see the pic above for reference). Any suggestions on good tint shops in OC?
Our other car got 3M tint (even on the windshield, and it is barely noticeable / almost clear) which helps immensely during summer months.

Incidentally one thing I noted was that the back windows are already tinted (see the pic above for reference). Any suggestions on good tint shops in OC?
Our other car got 3M tint (even on the windshield, and it is barely noticeable / almost clear) which helps immensely during summer months.
Can you post interior photos of the nonnperf? When you push the front door handle, does it pop all the way or just crack enough and you have to pull it more open?

Asicguy,
In addition to the above question on door opening, does the front door close automatically when you step on the brake pedal, or do you have to close it by hand?

Also, you said only front seats are heated, but with winter package, all seats are supposed to be heated without premium interior upgrade.

My vin is a few off from yours... based on what I understand they don't make them in vin order but in batches. Yours is the closest to my vin I have noticed . I am in VA so we are both on east coast. I have not gotten any update on my 'late april - may' delivery other than the initial one saying it's in the production queue.

Mine are:
Midnight Silver, 90D, all options except autopilot, 6 seat, reserved 9/12, ordered 1/24 vin 44xx assigned 3/12 current status "in production queue"

We have almost the same configuration, so we might have the same delivery date. On my order page it still says late April to May delivery, but my DS told me it's gonna be mid to late May.

Can you post interior photos of the nonnperf? When you push the front door handle, does it pop all the way or just crack enough and you have to pull it more open?

Will post interior pics by tonight.

Pushing front door handle causes door to open wide. If it detects an obstacle then it opens only partially. Practically speaking I've had to pull it more open since I'm a big guy and most times the car thinks I'm in the way when opening up the door.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloc
And also, the cloth interior is nice?

Ours is the ultra white seats. One thing to point out with the ultra white seats is that there are 2 different materials used - one for the seats where you sit, and a different material / color is used for the areas between the seats (where the seats can rub against each other). It's partially visible in the middle seat of 2nd row.

Asicguy,
In addition to the above question on door opening, does the front door close automatically when you step on the brake pedal, or do you have to close it by hand?

Also, you said only front seats are heated, but with winter package, all seats are supposed to be heated without premium interior upgrade.

Yes it closes automatically when you step on the brake. You can also close it from the touchscreen. All doors and trunk are powered. Frunk opens via button, but needs to be closed manually (that is the only exception).

I don't have winter package. I'm in Southern California. It's summer 80% of the year.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloc and BornToFly
Ours is the ultra white seats. One thing to point out with the ultra white seats is that there are 2 different materials used - one for the seats where you sit, and a different material / color is used for the areas between the seats (where the seats can rub against each other). It's partially visible in the middle seat of 2nd row.
Very helpful. So last question is what the alcantara pup areas are like, on the headliner and other dash spots? Hopefully your photos will show this, but supposedly those are cloth and I'm curious if it looks cheap or great? Thanks so much.

@ohmman I saw you posted about the hitch and that you saw the car was rated to tow up to 3500 even without the towing package. How did you find this out? Did you get the accessory hitch?
I got the towing package. However, @aesculus got the accessory hitch and has said that it appears to actually be a towing package up to 3500 lbs. I believe another forum member mentioned this as well. That may have changed since the quarter-end rush.

The "stealth towing" is only if you get Air Suspension, I believe. They just don't add a steel reinforcing bar in the back as they do with the "nominal" towing package

I got the towing package. However, @aesculus got the accessory hitch and has said that it appears to actually be a towing package up to 3500 lbs. I believe another forum member mentioned this as well. That may have changed since the quarter-end rush.