Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did have a question for those who took delivery but used the checklist. Did anyone print the checklist out and take it with them? Its a bit long and though I'll be excited to receive my car (when I eventually do), I want to make sure that I also thoroughly check it over. I don't necessarily want to stand there with a paper going over items though, but I also don't want to overlook/forget to check any of the items mentioned. I have to say I like the idea mentioned up above of current owners helping with the inspection process, though I'm pretty sure thats not happening at my SC. I've been told my options for pickup are a Saturday or a Saturday (yeah, wasn't given much choice other than that). Adding to the distractions that dat we may also have our little cuties in tow.

Got an update from DS that my X is in final inspections but no confirmed date yet. I'm still hoping for by end of April but I think it will slip into May realistically. Hopefully, I'm getting a more solid product in exchange.

VIN 22nn, non-PUP
Exaclty the same boat as you. Got an email from DS, and i quote:

"Production has wrapped up and your Model X has just moved into the factory inspection phase of the build process. This is a very robust series of tests. We are hyper focused on quality and have incorporated additional layers to the inspection with new owner feedback. While we do not have an average time for how long the inspection takes, I do anticipate that we are a couple of weeks away from delivery. As soon as the inspections complete, we will be able to schedule your appointment with us here at the factory!"

Reactions: umeshunni
They moved the showroom in Walnut Creek across the street just recently and I peeked in to see a white X there. So I dropped in with my wife to torture myself more about how my delivery date keeps getting delayed.

There were other people there inquiring about the X and the employees there didn't have their facts straight so I found myself answering questions that they couldn't answer. (ie: "the back of these seats look really nice, but wont they get a lot of scuffs on them?" Employee "Hmmm. not sure about that one....." ME "what a lot of owners are doing is get a clear protective wrap on them called xpel ultimate. Its an awesome product, and you cant even tell that its there.")

Employees asked how I knew so much about the X. I shamefully told them I've been waiting for my X for quite some time now and i'm on these forums all the damn time.

So for a good 15 mins I worked as a volunteer for Tesla as a rep while employees took a break as no questions were being directed towards them. I could tell some of the employees were getting annoyed and my wife kept rolling her eyes at me, so I knew it was time to go.

I couldn't help myself. I'm in sales, its in my nature.

Just a funny story that I thought a few people in the same boat as me would appreciate. =)

After a few days with the car, I've identified the following defects:
  1. The spoiler squeaks when activating/deactivating and the paint is rubbing off on the support arm. Every time I open the driver's side door and the spoiler activates, I hear a loud groan.
  2. The spoiler rattles and squeals noisily during highway driving.
  3. The driver's side door squeaks when opening and closing.
  4. The driver's side FWD handle/chrome trim is 2 mm misaligned with the driver's door.
  5. A center console joint has been bandaged together with visible adhesive, and is coming apart.
  6. Rear bumper mouldings not aligned.
  7. A few nicks in the driver side obeche.
  8. Two scratches in the rear hatch plastic.
  9. Misaligned falcon wing door chrome trim; multiple locations, all sides. Additionally, this chrome is is flaring outwards.
  10. Tront passenger triangle chrome is misaligned.
  11. Dirty imprint in the third row headliner.
  12. A minor scratch on the lower front bumper.
Some of these are more serious than others, of course. I expect the car to be in the shop for a couple of weeks. A bummer, but as I was expecting the car to arrive much later, I can live with it.

They moved the showroom in Walnut Creek across the street just recently and I peeked in to see a white X there. So I dropped in with my wife to torture myself more about how my delivery date keeps getting delayed.

There were other people there inquiring about the X and the employees there didn't have their facts straight so I found myself answering questions that they couldn't answer. (ie: "the back of these seats look really nice, but wont they get a lot of scuffs on them?" Employee "Hmmm. not sure about that one....." ME "what a lot of owners are doing is get a clear protective wrap on them called xpel ultimate. Its an awesome product, and you cant even tell that its there.")

Employees asked how I knew so much about the X. I shamefully told them I've been waiting for my X for quite some time now and i'm on these forums all the damn time.

So for a good 15 mins I worked as a volunteer for Tesla as a rep while employees took a break as no questions were being directed towards them. I could tell some of the employees were getting annoyed and my wife kept rolling her eyes at me, so I knew it was time to go.

I couldn't help myself. I'm in sales, its in my nature.

Just a funny story that I thought a few people in the same boat as me would appreciate. =)
I would have totally done the same thing and my wife would have rolled her eyes as well! :cool:

MrE8 said:

Employees asked how I knew so much about the X
. I shamefully told them I've been waiting for my X for quite some time now and i'm on these forums all the damn time.

So for a good 15 mins I worked as a volunteer for Tesla as a rep while employees took a break as no questions were being directed towards them.
=========================================================================================================

Fairly new to Tesla family (test drove an X several years ago but didn’t move forward since felt too low/small for me) and perhaps this is just emblematic of Gen Y but.....I find that their young sales force know so little about their products and do not take the initiative to utilize forums such as these for enhancing their knowledge. FWIW: That lack of knowledge would never have teen tolerated in organizations I worked for/ran in my career.

Reactions: ssq
Fairly new to Tesla family (test drove an X several years ago but didn’t move forward since felt too low/small for me) and perhaps this is just emblematic of Gen Y but.....I find that their young sales force know so little about their products and do not take the initiative to utilize forums such as these for enhancing their knowledge. FWIW: That lack of knowledge would never have teen tolerated in organizations I worked for/ran in my career.
I wonder if it's because none of them are even considering purchasing an X. I bet they'll know a lot more about the 3 just due to personal interest.

Seriously though, the forums are such a wealth of information it's quite surprising more of the sales staff don't read them.