Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X as 2 couple luxury road trip car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RDoc

2021 Prerefresh Model S
I realize this may not be the most common use for the Model X, but our intent is to use it often for 2 to 3 day road trips with another adult couple.
The argument for it is comfort, upright seating, more rear seat leg room, more luggage space, longer wheelbase.
To that end, I'd like to see these options:
  • Luxury split seating in the middle row
  • Longer travel on the middle row seats to give them more leg room at the expense of the 3rd row seating.
  • Separate rear seat climate control
  • Good rear seat cup holders, miscellaneous storage, and accessory power.
  • Lower suspension height for easier entry/exit
  • Adjustable suspension, luxury for cruising, sport for when I'm alone.
  • Reclining rear seats for napping
Anyone else think this is a good idea? If so, what would you like?

I realize this may not be the most common use for the Model X, but our intent is to use it often for 2 to 3 day road trips with another adult couple.
The argument for it is comfort, upright seating, more rear seat leg room, more luggage space, longer wheelbase.
To that end, I'd like to see these options:
  • Luxury split seating in the middle row
  • Longer travel on the middle row seats to give them more leg room at the expense of the 3rd row seating.
  • Separate rear seat climate control
  • Good rear seat cup holders, miscellaneous storage, and accessory power.
  • Lower suspension height for easier entry/exit
  • Adjustable suspension, luxury for cruising, sport for when I'm alone.
  • Reclining rear seats for napping
Anyone else think this is a good idea? If so, what would you like?

I wouldn't mind seeing an option for split seating in the middle row along with full recline and foot rests. I remember seeing a Sienna mini-van (sorry for that hated word!) at a car show with captain's seats in the middle row with full recline and foot rest options and it was extremely comfortable. :)