TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X at Geneva Auto Show

Discussion in 'Video' started by hobbes, Mar 1, 2016.

1. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

#1 hobbes, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Ready for a flash of Italian?! Sounds enthusiastic to me though I don´t understand much.

Anyone fluent in Italian care to translate ;)?

2. Qualchan

Qualchan Member

#2 Qualchan, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    I can't translate, but I came across another review a few hours ago that doesn't need it:

3. Footbag

Footbag Member

I found it a bit funny how right after he talks about how the FWD make getting into the car easy, he proceeds get into the 2nd row, but does so by ducking his head/not taking any advantage of the open FWD - old habits die hard!

4. K5ING

K5ING MegaMiler

#4 K5ING, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Sometimes it pays to duck. Here's an article and video that shows BMW's CEO, Harald Kruger, getting bonked on the head while trying to get out of the Model X at the Geneva Auto Show. Someone touched the door as it was opening, stopping it, and Mr. Kruger didn't look as he was getting out. This was right after he apparently called the Model X "a prototype" (it's in German, so I can't verify). Karma at it's best.

Direct video link:
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/Wirtschaftswoche/videos/10153567507175819/[/video]

5. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Hilarious video. Thanks for posting. Made a translation for people not speaking German:

To me Rudat comes across very well, hadn´t seen him before since he became German head of Tesla in addition to possessing the position in Switzerland. Krüger, on the other hand, while he must have so much experience in his career, completely misjudges the situation and tries to show off that he know how to open the door, while trying to leave the moment he is discovered. How can someone of of that caliber believe people won´t recognize him?!

I know this is just anecdotal evidence, but if the BMW CEO does not dare to talk to the young Tesla leader, this sheds no good light on one of the flagships of the German car industry. I would say: He must be afraid of Tesla from the way he is acting.

For context: This was posted by Wirtschafts Woche, a German economy magazine, a must-read for people working on the German stock exchanges according to Wikipedia - can´t judge that as I am not working in that field, but even for me the name is familiar.