Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at showrooms?

hobbes

Feb 11, 2013
Germany
Has anyone seen one at the stores yet?

I guess they´ll ship them and later reveal them all at once (at least that´s how I would be doing it).

There was one instagram pic showing a white X in a store setting posted here, but the picture was removed from instagram later. From the info on the thread it was not a real store but a mock-up in the Palo-Alto HQ and an employee posted it.

Cobra Kai

May 28, 2014
Arizona
Rep at the Scottsdale AZ showroom said they were told that they would get a showroom X in January. They have not dispensed much information about the X when prodded, I so I will take the January remark with a grain of salt. Hope it happens, but my expectations are low.

mikevbf

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2012
vermont
Rep at the Boston showroom said Jon McNeill's founder Model X would be in the showroom for viewing within the next month.

timf

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Has anyone heard if they plan to have samples of the Ultra White seats or Ash trim options in stores now that production reservations are configuring?

mikevbf

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2012
vermont
Has anyone heard if they plan to have samples of the Ultra White seats or Ash trim options in stores now that production reservations are configuring?

when I talked to the rep, I specifically asked if they had a sample of the white synthetic leather. He said they did. I am not sure if this is true in all showrooms so you should call ahead to see if yours does.

MrBoylan

Aug 2, 2013
New York, NY
The ISR I spoke to said "end of year." He didn't say which year. :) Also, same ISR didn't know the white seats were not leather until I told him they were not leather.

I'm ready to finalize design without seeing (another) one since I was at the reveal, and I'm obsessed. My wife, on the other hand...

MikeL

some guy
Jan 24, 2013
"By the end of the year" is the word from my store. They also said "a few" sigs will be delivered there by year end. - on this one ...
dont quote me. :frown: ML

gjunky

Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs
Mar 26, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
IMO, I doubt it will be this year. Any X they can produce they will use against the 2016 production count and/or delivery count. Early January sounds more likely though.

mikevbf

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2012
vermont
IMO, I doubt it will be this year. Any X they can produce they will use against the 2016 production count and/or delivery count. Early January sounds more likely though.

Unless a founder volunteers to show their Model X like Jon McNeill in Boston :biggrin:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC