Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at showrooms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any X's sitting around the Denver Service Center? Possibly, for delivery or pre delivery checks?
I snooped around the prep center (Old Safeway at Leetsdale and Quebec) at 8 AM today. Other than a plywood covered front door and blacked out front windows, I did spy a red X being prepped inside. Could not see far enough to know anymore than someone in Denver is soon to get there P90D soon. Wish it were me, but I'm a lowly 90D, no P, and no joy till "mid-2016" whatever that means. If the next owner of any X in Denver would be kind enough to PM me, I'd love to just physically look at the vehicle. I still can't believe it is longer and wider than my Lexus LX470...

Bellevue WA didn't know anything, in fact they were a little terse and off hand with their reply. Not the kind of customer service I have come to expect. Certainly not in the same league as the Bellevue service center, those guys are fantastic. Maybe the sales team could learn a thing or two from the service center.

Model X City Tour

We are excited to announce that Model X test drives will be available for ourcurrent Model X reservation holders from January 30th -March 30th. Our two-month tour across North America will allow people toexperience the car's unique combination of performance and utility.Appointments are limited to one per customer, non-transferable, and availableon a first come, first served basis.

JANUARY 30 –
JANUARY 31

Fremont, CA
FEBRUARY 1 – FEBRUARY 3
Sunnyvale, CA
FEBRUARY 4 – FEBRUARY 6
Burlingame, CA
FEBRUARY 6 – FEBRUARY 11
Burbank, CA
FEBRUARY 8 – FEBRUARY 10
Sacramento, CA
FEBRUARY 12 – FEBRUARY 14
Buena Park, CA
FEBRUARY 13 – FEBRUARY 13
Chicago, IL
FEBRUARY 16 – FEBRUARY 18
Costa Mesa, CA
FEBRUARY 16 – FEBRUARY 21
Highland Park, IL
FEBRUARY 19 – FEBRUARY 22
Greenwich, CT
FEBRUARY 20 – FEBRUARY 23
San Diego, CA
FEBRUARY 23 – FEBRUARY 24
Portland, OR
FEBRUARY 23 – FEBRUARY 26
Manhattan, NY
FEBRUARY 26 – MARCH 1
Boston, MA
FEBRUARY 27 – FEBRUARY 28
Long Island, NY
FEBRUARY 27 – FEBRUARY 29
Scottsdale, AZ
FEBRUARY 27 – MARCH 6
Seattle, WA
MARCH 2 – MARCH 6
Paramus, NJ
MARCH 4 – MARCH 7
Denver, CO
MARCH 8 – MARCH 9
Devon, PA
MARCH 8 – MARCH 13
Montréal, QC
MARCH 12 – MARCH 15
Dallas, TX
MARCH 12 – MARCH 16
Washington, DC
MARCH 12 – MARCH 15
Vancouver, BC
MARCH 17 – MARCH 20
Austin, TX
MARCH 17 – MARCH 22
Toronto, ON
MARCH 19 – MARCH 22
Atlanta, GA
MARCH 22 – MARCH 25
Houston, TX
MARCH 26 – MARCH 30
Miami, FL

I snooped around the prep center (Old Safeway at Leetsdale and Quebec) at 8 AM today. Other than a plywood covered front door and blacked out front windows, I did spy a red X being prepped inside. Could not see far enough to know anymore than someone in Denver is soon to get there P90D soon. Wish it were me, but I'm a lowly 90D, no P, and no joy till "mid-2016" whatever that means. If the next owner of any X in Denver would be kind enough to PM me, I'd love to just physically look at the vehicle. I still can't believe it is longer and wider than my Lexus LX470...

I saw the Signature Red car too after your tip and some snooping. Good chance that is my FbR car. My delivery window used to say late December through January, but now it is blank.

I saw the Signature Red car too after your tip and some snooping. Good chance that is my FbR car. My delivery window used to say late December through January, but now it is blank.

You had an official delivery window? I was verbally told "January", and possibly the first week after New Years. Still waiting. I don't think a window ever showed on mytesla, though.

when it says "current" reservation holders... does that mean if I put in mine, say next week, I can't go to the test drive event?

I think I'll love the X, but I'm not all about spending 90k on a car I haven't driven... I'm kinda of funny that way I guess.

You had an official delivery window? I was verbally told "January", and possibly the first week after New Years. Still waiting. I don't think a window ever showed on mytesla, though.

I did have a window, but it has disappeared now since Tesla has blown through that window. I talked with my DS and the car is in final inspection at the factory and will be in there for an indeterminate period of time. He will know once they arrange shipping. He thinks mid-February at the earliest.

Contrast that with the Model S I ordered in mid-December 2015 that was built, shipped and delivered in 10 days.

From the share holder letter:
"Last week, we kicked off our Model X test drive tour for our reservation holders. We are making more Model X vehicles available at our stores for viewing and test drives in the weeks to come."

Do you think the second sentence refers to the Model X for the tour or Model X being made in addition to the Model X on the tour for the showrooms?