Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at showrooms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like which?

If it's anything like the S, it's "both". They'll run a few tours (more than the ones they have today) to a bunch of different stores as test drive events. Then, they'll start building the demo cars that go to individual stores for demonstration and test drive purposes.

It will be very important to have a model X at the showroom on March 31.

People will be at the showrooms for Model 3 reservations. Would give them exposure to the Model X WOW-Effect, even if that is not what they came for.

Model 3 reservations begin on April 1st, 2016, I assume on-line only. I'm not aware of being able to make a reservation from a showroom (unless you use their computers to login to your account and perform the reservations).

However, Tesla is still trying to down-sell the Model-X (in favour of the Model-S) since any new reservation will be delivered 12 months from now. I'm not sure when Tesla will begin to try and sell the Model-X, but it won't be in the next few months.

Model 3 reservations begin on April 1st, 2016, I assume on-line only. I'm not aware of being able to make a reservation from a showroom ...

Then you've been on a SpaceX rocket to another planet for the last few days. :)

The official Tesla Motors communication and public affairs department (Elon's twitter) announced reservations will be accepted in-store commencing March 31st.

I imagine whatever demo vehicles they have for the events will leave after the events are over, and any long-term-showroom-resident X will come later.

I also imagine anyone who wasn't invited / doesn't have a time scheduled, won't be able to spend much time with the X in March during the events.

I'm not complaining, just speculating. While I'd love to see the X in person and tinker with the controls, I'm not in any rush to do so and I have no plans to reserve or buy one.