Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at showrooms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked at my local gallery on Saturday and got a refreshingly honest answer... Paraphrasing, "we'd love to have one or two out back for reservation-holder test drives, but it could be a Christmas present or a Valentine's Day present. We'll know shortly before they arrive."

You are braver than I am! Also, I don't think I will be getting the performance model (and likely getting the 5 seater) so I'm already at a 6+/- month wait anyway.
I am in the same boat as you are Jack_L. A 5 seater and X90D. So, I am going to have to wait as well. I have been waiting over three years for this car. I never looked back after putting a deposit down. I wanted to configure/confirm ASAP in case it helps me get the car sooner. I needed a new car 2 years ago. My brother has a 2012 model S and still loves it. He raves about Tesla service center out in southern Ca. We love our 2015 model S and I believe the model X will be everything I was hoping for!

- - - Updated - - -

As I mentioned in the production configuration thread, I contacted the buildmyx email address listed in the configuration invite email to ask the mothership directly since the galleries are giving wildly divergent answers.

I heard back from Inside Sales today on my request for an estimate of when I should reasonably expect a test drive. The answer:

"We are currently expecting to have Model X in most US showrooms by the end of this year. I encourage you to contact your local showroom in the next week or two to see if they have an accurate timeline of when they will be receiving one!"

Make of that what you will.

Just recently invited to the design studio (660x) and working on my config. I received a text from my Tesla rep still trying to sell me a pre-owned Model S. Texted back as to when he thinks I would be able to test drive an X and his reply was SPRING!

I really need to check a few options out before I place an order. Not sure I can wait much longer...will test drive a Volvo XC 90 and see how this compares. I could get the ICE version with auto pilot and all the bells and whistles for half the price and with gas under $2 I might make the move. This would seem like Blaspheme if I were to cancel my order and go with Volvo since I'm using my Tesla stock profits to purchase the car!!!

It's been a long 25 months waiting for my X and now it looks like another 6 to 8 before I get my car...

"You need the Patient of an Iceberg" when dealing with Tesla.

How long does it take to get an answer on an email? Sent one two days ago to the email address in the invite to configure E-mail. No response yet. I know they are very busy. Just curious to their average response time. I know I can always call too.

How long does it take to get an answer on an email? Sent one two days ago to the email address in the invite to configure E-mail. No response yet. I know they are very busy. Just curious to their average response time. I know I can always call too.

I heard back in about 24 hours. Of course my question (timing to showrooms) would have been an easy one.

FWIW, these estimates are basically darts at a board. They'll arrive when they arrive, and that's when they'll arrive. No one at the stores or the X support email in Fremont seem to actually know anything. That, or they delight in giving out incorrect info for the past three months.