Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at Yorkdale Store?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lool I was waiting for this thread, I checked 3 weeks ago, and they said it should be there, available for display by the end of July...so I was going to have another check first week of august and see where they are at...

Not sure, it was closed when I was there on Tuesday night. A guy was there charging with a sig red though and was showing people the X. I played with them a bit after my test drive, the FWD seem to work pretty well, the parking garage had some pipes and stuff and the doors wouldn't open all the way, (even though there was lots of room), but pressing open a 2nd time made them open the rest of the way, and then you could save that location if you wanted to, then next time they would open all the way the first time. Fit and finish was nicer than the S, much easier getting in and out, sits a bit higher up, windshield is a total game changer, it's unreal. Outer seats in 2nd row are very comfortable and have glass above, middle seat is much narrower and very lacking for headroom, I would get a 6 seater, or even the 5 to get max cargo room, there isn't a ton when you have the 3rd row in use, less than an S by a large margin. The FWD I could see very handy for getting kids in and out, its tricky for me now to get my kid's seatbelt done up in my S, he's in a stage 3 booster and I have to lean way over him and the buckles don't come out much from the seats. The LED DRLs look FANTASTIC, so much different than the S and a TON brighter, it's a solid line instead of many small bulbs like on the S, very impressive at night, especially on the sig red and the black. I still havent seen the white seats in person, I'm surprised the test drive Xs don't have them, they look so cool in the pics I've seen, and I've heard they are super comfortable. The tan leather seats in the fully loaded X I test drive were comfy, but for a wider guy like me they felt a bit narrow, as do the next gen seats in the S. I prefer my textiles, but I'm curious about those white seats.

Went to Yorkdale this week. In the gallery they had an updated red S and an Titanium/Silver/Greyish? X behind it.

Down below in the parking lot I saw several new S's, a matte blue/purple S, and a white X.

It's a shame they don't allow the X doors to be opened/closed by the showroom masses. That's gotta bug Elon that the falcon doors wouldn't withstand that... I hope v2 allows for it. Don't they do thousands of door opening/closing in testing anyhow?

Ah ok that makes sense. There's tons of kids crawling everywhere too, which wouldn't help that either. The sales person told me it was due to wear and tear, but often they don't actually know the real reason for things.. She also said they're at a 50-50 sales mix for X and S.