Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X August Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 6/5 and had to wait 7 days to confirm the order.. but the VIN maybe has to do with the configurations of the car.. not sure..

I think that's right...order date/confirm date is a factor, but also 75D vs. 90D or P90D also has to do with VIN assignments and numbers. Either way, congrats and try not to go crazy waiting! Get used to trolling the forums for any piece of information you think will help figure out when you will be getting an update on your X, and living vicariously through others until delivery. :D

I think that's right...order date/confirm date is a factor, but also 75D vs. 90D or P90D also has to do with VIN assignments and numbers. Either way, congrats and try not to go crazy waiting! Get used to trolling the forums for any piece of information you think will help figure out when you will be getting an update on your X, and living vicariously through others until delivery. :D
This is so me... I've been trolling the forums since I ordered... First I was all about June, then July, and now rcv'd an email saying it will be an Aug or Sept delivery. The wait is killing me

I guess I cant feel bad as I just ordered a few weeks ago and car is about to go into production, but the question is, is that normal for the car to go into production and get the VIN this quickly? how long is the wait after it goes into production for delivery in texas?

Ordered 6/11, confirmed 6/18. No vin# yet, but my DS contacted me for the first time yesterday and said my production window is in August (same as what it said online when I ordered). I have no idea if that actually means anything, so I'll just continue to obsess...

90D, 20", blue, ultra white, 7 seats, dark ash, AP, high amp upgrade, towing package.

Funny story...

So I logged into My Tesla today on my phone just because that's what we do. And much to my surprise, my delivery date of 8/7 had changed to 6/7! Apparently I've been enjoying my Model X for over two weeks!

And then it hits me...

When I logged in earlier this week, I was so blinded by my newly assigned VIN, that I mistook the 8/7 for the delivery date. Instead, it was seemingly in reference to my delivery "checklist," which I apparently got extra credit on...? 8/7?! Obviously a glitch of some kind, that they have since fixed, as seen in this screenshot. In my defense, the way it was formatted was rather misleading. Oh well.

So here I am, back in the land of epic waiting and mystery, hoping for the best. I defer to my last update from my DS where she informed me production is slated to begin early August, and delivery would likely take place early September, late August if lucky.

The End.
IMG_0202.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered 6/11, confirmed 6/18. No vin# yet, but my DS contacted me for the first time yesterday and said my production window is in August (same as what it said online when I ordered). I have no idea if that actually means anything, so I'll just continue to obsess...

90D, 20", blue, ultra white, 7 seats, dark ash, AP, high amp upgrade, towing package.
Well... I was in the same boat, but got pushed out to Aug/Sept. You may be ok as I ordered a 75D. The deliveries are so random so you never know... Welcome to the wait game!!!

Got my vin # 122xx

Well... I was in the same boat, but got pushed out to Aug/Sept. You may be ok as I ordered a 75D. The deliveries are so random so you never know... Welcome to the wait game!!!

My husband can't believe how much time I now spend on these forums. In addition to being anxious to get the car, I'm now completely out of patience taking my twins in and out of their car seats in my Prius. I cannot wait for the FWD to make this so much easier.

Got my vin also!!! 122xx... Maybe we will get them around the same time...
Got my vin # 122xx

My husband can't believe how much time I now spend on these forums. In addition to being anxious to get the car, I'm now completely out of patience taking my twins in and out of their car seats in my Prius. I cannot wait for the FWD to make this so much easier.
t my V

I should be a few days ahead of you, in theory (75D, confirmed 5/6.) No communication from DS, no VIN - the JAVA hack says 9-19!

I really thought they meant July when they said it, and certainly wasn't expecting the "Late June" 90Ds to really be Late June/early July while the "July" 75Ds are late August or September. :( It might have changed my decision process.

(But mostly I hate waiting... :) )
@Saghost and all, the JAVA hack no longer exists. Up until a few months ago, you could view the source code of the webpage and see a hidden estimated delivery date. This is the reported JAVA trick and the dates have since been removed.

The 9/19 in the source code and other associated dates that are currently in there refer to the dropdown menu on Tesla's main website for new orders placed today. These are nothing, mine says 9/19 and my car is already in/done production.

• Informative
Reactions: emchen
Confemed my order 90D 6 seater early Jan this year. Just got my vin 113xx about 3 weeks ago, still says in the queue. Haven't heard from my DS after emailing him but the manager at one of the Tesla stores we frequent said it's looking to be late Aug early Sept. At this rate I'm not sure.