Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X August Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
132xx is less than 20k total. Did you mean 2k? If so, yes, they will build 2k Model X's in two weeks. They're already at that stride.

I'm working on the assumption that vins are in some numerical order if my vin is 112xx and yours is 132xx and mine is suppose to be finished the 2nd or 3rd week in aug. theres a 20k gap in numbers 1 number per car would be 20k cars I'm not even sure if thats possible given the time frame.

which is somewhat problematic for me because if my car doesn't show up in the 1st week in aug I'm not going to be able to buy it anyway so i may just end up getting a model s or canceling my order.

heres the thing that bugs me. Theres so much inconsistency with vins and delivery dates ... his is 132xx and a late aug delivery I'm an easy 20k cars before his and there telling me its suppose to be finished the 3rd week in aug. something not quite right there. there going to build 20k cars in two weeks or am i getting mine earlier than what there telling me? Or do they simply just make up dates. and if they can build 20k in a two week span then why were ONLY the 9xxx and 10xxx built last month?
This inconsistency is currently by design. Tesla does not want people (specifically investors) to try and predict delivery numbers prior to Tesla releasing this data at the end of quarter. It may even be a necessity to abide by regulatory laws (just a WAG).

I'm working on the assumption that vins are in some numerical order if my vin is 112xx and yours is 132xx and mine is suppose to be finished the 2nd or 3rd week in aug. theres a 20k gap in numbers 1 number per car would be 20k cars I'm not even sure if thats possible given the time frame.

which is somewhat problematic for me because if my car doesn't show up in the 1st week in aug I'm not going to be able to buy it anyway so i may just end up getting a model s or canceling my order.
Agree that 20k new production is not possible in that timeframe, but as ccutrer pointed out, you've added an extra zero. The difference between 11,200 and 13,200 is only 2000 (2K), not 20,000.

Isn't that a 2k gap? They're building a thousand cars per week, though that's both S and X...

heres the thing that bugs me. Theres so much inconsistency with vins and delivery dates ... his is 132xx and a late aug delivery I'm an easy 20k cars before his and there telling me its suppose to be finished the 3rd week in aug. something not quite right there. there going to build 20k cars in two weeks or am i getting mine earlier than what there telling me? Or do they simply just make up dates. and if they can build 20k in a two week span then why were ONLY the 9xxx and 10xxx built last month?

Don't shoot the messenger. Just trying to provide what may or may not be helpful information.

Confirmed order in early January 016 didn't get vin till first week of Jun vin# 113xx, still in production queue. Was told late August early September by store manager, have heard nothing from DS, won't return emails. I feel lost in the system.

I'm 137XX my order was confirmed this morning and VIN issued right away for a 90D. Expected delivery was September when I placed my order last week and now my local rep is telling me expect a November delivery?

This experience is standard operating procedure for Tesla unfortunately. They quote one month to get the sale, but for model x at least, you should expect it to be 2+ months behind that. When I ordered in April they were saying June delivery, but my DS has consistently been predicting September.

Last I heard from my DS was that my X was slated to begin production in mid-August, putting my delivery at September.
I reached out yesterday to see if I could possibly upgrade my Accessory Hitch to a Towing Package. She said:

"It looks like your Model X was moved up in production about 2 days ago and is now slated to start production in late July! This gives us a new delivery time frame of August. Since it is about to enter production I don't think we can make any changes but if you are adamant about adding the tow package they might be able to push out production to accommodate the change."

And today:

"I reached out to the factory this morning to see if we can accommodate any changes but they said since your Model X is within 2 weeks of production they can't pull it out of the queue or make any changes. The factory let me know that they start sourcing parts for production months ahead of time and everything is finalized about 3-4 weeks prior to it entering production."

Alas, no towing package for me. But hey, I just got a little closer to my X! And another glimpse as to the inner workings of the production process.

Last I heard from my DS was that my X was slated to begin production in mid-August, putting my delivery at September.
I reached out yesterday to see if I could possibly upgrade my Accessory Hitch to a Towing Package. She said:

"It looks like your Model X was moved up in production about 2 days ago and is now slated to start production in late July! This gives us a new delivery time frame of August. Since it is about to enter production I don't think we can make any changes but if you are adamant about adding the tow package they might be able to push out production to accommodate the change."

And today:

"I reached out to the factory this morning to see if we can accommodate any changes but they said since your Model X is within 2 weeks of production they can't pull it out of the queue or make any changes. The factory let me know that they start sourcing parts for production months ahead of time and everything is finalized about 3-4 weeks prior to it entering production."

Alas, no towing package for me. But hey, I just got a little closer to my X! And another glimpse as to the inner workings of the production process.

Great news! Given our order, confirm, and VIN dates are very close, and our VINs are also pretty close, I think it almost assures me I'm also going to see an August delivery, maybe late July depending on when my X goes into production. Even though when I ordered the Design Studio said July delivery, my DS said from the beginning expect August. Fingers crossed...we should both be hearing some additional news in the next couple of weeks.