Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X August Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news! Given our order, confirm, and VIN dates are very close, and our VINs are also pretty close, I think it almost assures me I'm also going to see an August delivery, maybe late July depending on when my X goes into production. Even though when I ordered the Design Studio said July delivery, my DS said from the beginning expect August. Fingers crossed...we should both be hearing some additional news in the next couple of weeks.
I don't think vin number mean anything. Their system seems to have no order.

Stopped by the Tesla store today and asked the mgr to check the system for my deliver date (due to the lack of communication from my DS). I got a date!!!! 8/8 and he said it could come sooner. So excited!!!

My DS sent an email to give me the bad news. The 8/8 delivery date that I got at the Tesla store was for West coast... Noooooooooo So the DS is saying September, but I think he is playing it safe and I'm crossing my fingers that I have it by the end of Aug. I have a road trip planned for the first week in Sept.... This wait is killing me!!!!

Finally heard back from my DS in response to my MX enquiry. He said it would start production 8/8 and probably expect delivery sometime in September. Also to note when I was at the Tesla store I inquired about poor build quality that several people have been having issues with. He said Elon has been personally inspecting cars as they leave the end of the assembly line for quality issues. How true this is I don't know. Anyways I was hopping for an August delivery after ordering in Jan but hopefully lots of bugs will be worked out.

Finally heard back from my DS in response to my MX enquiry. He said it would start production 8/8 and probably expect delivery sometime in September. Also to note when I was at the Tesla store I inquired about poor build quality that several people have been having issues with. He said Elon has been personally inspecting cars as they leave the end of the assembly line for quality issues. How true this is I don't know. Anyways I was hopping for an August delivery after ordering in Jan but hopefully lots of bugs will be worked out.
Sounds like we will get delivery around the same time!!!

Reactions: Sean So Lowe
I'm making peace with the fact that we're probably taking delivery in August. Despite the frustration, foreign reservation holders and gmtom1 provide a little perspective.

FWIW, we confirmed in April. VIN 90XX for a 75 six-seater. Factory pickup.

Elon confirmed that he was sleeping and working at the end of the assembly line. I think this was in April, though.

I'm making peace with the fact that we're probably taking delivery in August. Despite the frustration, foreign reservation holders and gmtom1 provide a little perspective.

FWIW, we confirmed in April. VIN 90XX for a 75 six-seater. Factory pickup.

Elon confirmed that he was sleeping and working at the end of the assembly line. I think this was in April, though.
I confirmed in Jan!

Looks like I'm going to need to slide into this thread from the July one. Confirmed on 4/20 and have been told that my car is slated for production last week of July (guaranteed this time so they say). Then who knows how long to ship it cross country to NC for delivery.

If it wasn't for the stupid amount of sales tax I would have to pay in CA I would consider taking factory delivery and driving it home (already did that trip once when we moved from Milpitas,CA to Raleigh, NC 18 months ago).

For the record, confirmed 4/20. 90D, 6 seats, white leather seats, loaded with everything but premium sound.

I find it unlikely that he's buying SolarCity and playing with rockets in between QC checks. Not even Elon can sustain that.

He tweeted about the first flawless X and he probably left the floor soon he saw that repeated.

had a funny thought ... seems like musk is a big kid who didnt get toys when was younger and now takes it out a on a grand scale

1 electric cars = slot car racers
2 rockets = model rockets
3 transformers = exoskeletons :

Looks like I'm going to need to slide into this thread from the July one. Confirmed on 4/20 and have been told that my car is slated for production last week of July (guaranteed this time so they say). Then who knows how long to ship it cross country to NC for delivery.

If it wasn't for the stupid amount of sales tax I would have to pay in CA I would consider taking factory delivery and driving it home (already did that trip once when we moved from Milpitas,CA to Raleigh, NC 18 months ago).

For the record, confirmed 4/20. 90D, 6 seats, white leather seats, loaded with everything but premium sound.
Happy to have you, but sorry to hear that... I'm crossing my fingers and toes hoping that I do not have to slide to September

Checked in with my DS yesterday since I may be trading in my car and scheduling the appraisal visit needs to be within 2 weeks of delivery. She said she still recommends I get the appraisal the first week in August, so I'm hoping I'll get my X by mid-August (90D, 7 seats, vin 122xx). I'm 45 minutes from the factory, so that helps.

@Sean So Lowe - What configuration did you order? The vin numbers really mean nothing at this point, but I wish there was a little more transparency about how they are batching production (among other things :rolleyes:).

Checked in with my DS yesterday since I may be trading in my car and scheduling the appraisal visit needs to be within 2 weeks of delivery. She said she still recommends I get the appraisal the first week in August, so I'm hoping I'll get my X by mid-August (90D, 7 seats, vin 122xx). I'm 45 minutes from the factory, so that helps.

Hey, I hope this helps. I was looking to trade in my car as well and went through Kelley Blue Book's Instant Cash Offer. You basically put in all the information about your vehicle including dings/scrapes/etc and they give you a trade in value. For me, I ended up getting more through KBB than the top bidder/broker offered through Tesla which can only go down or remain the same based on their valuation of the condition. The KBB participating dealers also write you a check then and there.

@nehcrut - Thanks! I didn't know that about KBB and will definitely check it out. I was already planning to get additional quotes, but that may simplify things.

(I also am using the Tesla 2 week appraisal window for the trade-in as a way to check-in and hopefully get more information about my X delivery).