Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It used up 163 charge for an actual 102-mile run on a flat surface with unusually warm Texas weather at 77 degrees

Something is not quite right using up 163 for 102 mile run, even on a very hot day. Unless you driving up a mountain, but you drove in Texas.

Also 73 is unusually cool - not warm - for this time of the year, and your AC consumption should have been very minimal.

ishak@ - I did have 22" onyx/carbon black wheel on. I do recognize the depreciation factor; but wouldn't that be for a lower tire life? Also, even at 10 to 15% depreciation on lower mileage, the average I received was far less than tesla's published numbers.

mkjayakumar@ - you are correct, the weather was unusually cool (not warm – my typo) and we kept A/C at 78 with lowest fan speed. There aren’t hilly roads driving to west Texas. The only thing we did different than a normal driving was we drove about 75% on Auto Pilot, of course with hands on wheel. Since it was all highway driving (70 speed limit) with very little traffic, we applied very little brake.

Another thing we noticed during recent city-freeway driving at 80MPH, the little passenger side front window is loose and making a loud noise.

ishak@ - I did have 22" onyx/carbon black wheel on. I do recognize the depreciation factor; but wouldn't that be for a lower tire life? Also, even at 10 to 15% depreciation on lower mileage, the average I received was far less than tesla's published numbers.

mkjayakumar@ - you are correct, the weather was unusually cool (not warm – my typo) and we kept A/C at 78 with lowest fan speed. There aren’t hilly roads driving to west Texas. The only thing we did different than a normal driving was we drove about 75% on Auto Pilot, of course with hands on wheel. Since it was all highway driving (70 speed limit) with very little traffic, we applied very little brake.

Another thing we noticed during recent city-freeway driving at 80MPH, the little passenger side front window is loose and making a loud noise.
So did you actually drive the speed limit on that trip or did you, like many would including myself, slightly exceed it?

I'm at about 2500 miles on my 90 with 22's and am at 413 Wh/m lifetime avg (well, except for the 9 miles it had on it at delivery. They reset the B trip meter before delivery.

About 75% of driving was on AutoPilot at state speed limit of 70MPH. We might have exceeded to 80MPH during sometime, but overall, normal driving. Texas temperature that day was unusually cool at 76 (vs. usual 90+). I checked vehicle on normal street driving and I feel like I am getting 60% yield at best. I will recheck this after I get my MX back from SC with latest firmware installed. One thing I noticed as I am driving MS loaner P85+, it has good mileage yield, though tires are 21" with gray onyx wheel.

Many of you live in hot/cold/hilly areas and still manage to get 320 to 340 wh/mile average on your MX. I have been struggling to get lower than 400 wh/mile on street or highway speed limit driving in a 90 degree Texas' flat roads. Note i have about 1050 miles on my MX with 22" onyx black wheels. Any suggestions from forum members?

Many of you live in hot/cold/hilly areas and still manage to get 320 to 340 wh/mile average on your MX. I have been struggling to get lower than 400 wh/mile on street or highway speed limit driving in a 90 degree Texas' flat roads. Note i have about 1050 miles on my MX with 22" onyx black wheels. Any suggestions from forum members?
Switch to 20" wheels. Get them powder-coated black.

Get some 20" wheels. Seriously. I've put all the responses on this thread in a spreadsheet and no one that has 22" wheels is reporting less than 400Wh/m. Remember, these wheels and tires are costing us 10-15% in range.

Edit: Damn! vandacca beat me too it! :p