Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My average is 430 Wh/mi after 3000 total miles. I have MXP100DL 2018 and standard 20in wheels. I set mine at performance mode always. Most of the time is city miles to work daily and by myself. I never get below 400 wh/mi since I get this car. I always wonder how some drivers can get below 400 wh/mi for MX over 5000lbs in weight. This car is rated 98kWh/295miles x 1000Wh => 332 Wh/mi. How do Tesla get this EPGe rating? My Prius get a better 50mpg rating and gas cost saving then my MX electricity cost.

Check your tire pressure and you might want to get a wheel alignment. As I type this (wife is driving) I am on Interstate 75 in Georgia, where it is 92ºF, and near calm. We have been driving for hours at 75 or 80 MPH (trip from FL to IN) and we are burning 329 WH/mi. A few hours ago it was raining like crazy, and energy went up to 420 or so, until the weather improved.

Last edited:
Reactions: goneskiian
I got my 2018 Model X 75d last august.

I live up a slight incline and the watt per mile is over 900 in the 5 mile range.

My friend lives 2 blocks away and his model 3 it never goes over 600..

Starting to think there's something wrong.

It's all local miles and averages 480 watt per mile with no aggressive driving over 30 miles

Any suggestions?

I got my 2018 Model X 75d last august.

I live up a slight incline and the watt per mile is over 900 in the 5 mile range.

My friend lives 2 blocks away and his model 3 it never goes over 600..

Starting to think there's something wrong.

It's all local miles and averages 480 watt per mile with no aggressive driving over 30 miles

Any suggestions?
A Model 3 is significantly lighter and more aerodynamic, so your friend's numbers shouldn't matter much to you. Your WH/mi does seem a bit high, but not unreasonably so if you are running A/C or heat while sitting in traffic a lot or are perhaps aggressive with accelerating and/or braking or have regen on low.

Reached 104k miles (X90D AP1)
Lifetime is 359 Wh/mi
-VHmJolvesjh8QVn2cEcf7-Hy56LHjmHXmaA-nEHkFwspOtxvn-NQh_p09ucKDTmz3_fqYfaO1gjXVICdU4M9omAyuDvmHaLhIWFGozEIeZVwiFu1pdJ6r2d0NhlHGGu8IWdsRHpyq9AXOMNVSOhA-LqRt5vTU8eWfjQGMmruG75rRxIagrSHQ8hp3h3C7HslFtcR1yMMWU5xij9al8yVMHTOI46X9IzCmRMaNIDa3znQiYWwCTjDpnI_eMv_w3G0wD8zCTPSVFddWWWhvTCWaDGr9K2RdHYu1M2YVcwmfrqT35oT_oOJb-08Js4Y6qd24zacauTnVh5Mt1Lp9XjXwkA2-dUkeYIq3DDETsqs9_opIWDOCRLAWOnqt1GoqW6ompqtXlpOoaKDsA8Lg7YktIpHzPN48cJYcf3lYSOMf_ZXaLD6WNiQ-0Ny_M3X6uMlNOEXMCE_SDTRa_Ro419scXByRpOvGI5pvevmz-J-lnpFEI_1dnkBOZs7hhacWpU7pqF8hs9LOIZ4Jnaw2FVczhYu4gD5OjFTBrwLC0qiKtLO5oaA8QV0qMuxnUmrHZvs9qURbNoTx9p11P69XOTzTAOkgcAiCP6Egz1HsTvDvA2uX3qfQ-SiG4DXwu2hnDloAJjbVJDcI9RYd1zwx8Y5EsSv44kKPc3=w595-h793-no

5k with 22s now since March, 75D X very happy with consumption given size of the car.

Currently seeing just under 3 miles per kWh on long/non urban runs. Giving a range of 200 miles here in UK motorway speeds - 70mph max.

48272914616_c68a348453_z_d.jpg

Average speed is low but thats what driving is like here in England, even on a weekend traffic and road works a every where. Infact I managed to beat the Google maps predicted travel time for the trip :).

48275619861_6736ca38c8_z_d.jpg

You get 478. I get 300. How can that be? Am I that much of a little old lady behind the wheel? I feel that I have a normal mix of in town and freeway in Virginia and mostly rural in Quebec with some freeway. On the freeways I drive 5 to 10 over the limit (which is never above 65 on the east coast).

• Funny
Reactions: spectrum
Yes, 20" Sonic carbon wheels, Wh/mi. According to Stats I am often the best X driver out there in this regard as it reports my efficiency as being better than 100% of X drivers. I don't believe it. I don't think I am doing anything unusual and as the same laws of physics apply to my car as anyone elses I don't think it's the vehicle. Also according to Stats my 99 - 100%ile position corresponds to around 125% efficiency. The efficiency histogram over users has a mode at about 85% and looks pretty Gaussian so the average must be about the same but their efficiency vs time shows fleet efficiency since the weather warmed at around 96%.

TeslaFi data shows that they think 100% efficiency is 314.7 Wh/Mi. Given that 85% efficiency would imply about 370 Wh/mi and my overall efficiency, at 300 wH/mi, would represent 105% efficiency which I don't think is that amazing but 478 would imply 66% efficiency. I'm sure it's possible to do that by driving through snow at 20 mph with the heater going full blast but I doubt those are the conditions under which spectrum drives. Perhaps 22" wheels and a heavy foot are enough to do it.

Last edited:
Yes, 20" Sonic carbon wheels, Wh/mi. According to Stats I am often the best X driver out there in this regard as it reports my efficiency as being better than 100% of X drivers. I don't believe it. I don't think I am doing anything unusual and as the same laws of physics apply to my car as anyone elses I don't think it's the vehicle. Also according to Stats my 99 - 100%ile position corresponds to around 125% efficiency. The efficiency histogram over users has a mode at about 85% and looks pretty Gaussian so the average must be about the same but their efficiency vs time shows fleet efficiency since the weather warmed at around 96%.

1 year old X100D with 22 inch wheels and 17K mileage.

Lifetime: 478 Wh/mi.

;)

I just bought a used 2017 x 100D and over the last 1000 miles average about a 475wh/m and this is after me trying to get the best of the car !

I have in the past had an 75d and used to get 325 to 365wh/m

Can’t figure out what i’m doing wrong ! Also the accelerator feels different, needs a lot more Push to get the car moving. Is it just me or other feel the same !

I just bought a used 2017 x 100D and over the last 1000 miles average about a 475wh/m and this is after me trying to get the best of the car !

I have in the past had an 75d and used to get 325 to 365wh/m

Can’t figure out what i’m doing wrong ! Also the accelerator feels different, needs a lot more Push to get the car moving. Is it just me or other feel the same !

You probably need an alignment.

Hills, rapid acceleration, use of the friction brake, low temperature, high temperature, head winds, low tire pressure, rain, snow, gravel, cabin HVAC, heavy loads, stop and go traffic. All these will eat your lunch. But you've probably seen this list before. What did I forget?

Hills, rapid acceleration, use of the friction brake, low temperature, high temperature, head winds, low tire pressure, rain, snow, gravel, cabin HVAC, heavy loads, stop and go traffic. All these will eat your lunch. But you've probably seen this list before. What did I forget?

Live in Florida.. in the last week, its been raining so temps are down. the area is flat and I always drive on tarmac.. (I95 or Turnpike).. Most of the driving is alone, new tires and alignment completed.. Since i have been testing. the range mode is on, no fast acceleration, use regen for breaking.. most driving is between 60 and 75 miler per hours.. current 1250 mile average is 465 :(