Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd say high 300s, haven't really found my stride yet. I'm four weeks in and still randomly taking ludicrous jaunts whether or not I have passengers. I have also been thinking about the AP and how it still seems to stop way too late, making me very concerned about people who are tailgating me, or distracted, running into my lead-foot AP AI. Tesla needs to review these sudden stops. I also think it's either using the brake often where I would be doing one-pedal driving or else raising the regen-braking far higher than it normally goes. I'm betting it's wasting my brakes though.

Overall love the vehicle, but doesn't mean I have to love ALL of it :)

I wish I was, this is my 'normal' driving style (coming from a 911). I have noticed that speed is a major contributor to high Wh/mile...
I gathered that which is why I added the, "Or not."

Sorry to hear. Seems like those are pretty high numbers from what has been reported. After that many miles I would think your tires are broken in so maybe there's some other issue. Of course it is a P.

433 after 1,641.3 miles

I drove 30 miles yesterday up PCH in Valet mode to ensure that I never 'gunned' it and I averaged 399.

Just now, driving 6.4 miles to the SJC Super Charger (never going over 45), I got averaged 323.

Do you have 20 or 22's?

I have around 5,000 miles on my X with 20's and have a lifetime avg 376....
probably a 75/25 split between highway at 73mph and city driving
Ludicrous on all the time (does it matter?)...and like to get off the line quickly : )

On a 120 mile trip with some hills and limited climate control I got 325 where I had previously got 345. So getting a bit better. Mostly at 70 mph but there was some stop and go for about 10 miles which might have made the difference. Have about 1100 miles on the car so far.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Whoa! That's low! Are you having ANY fun with it? ;)

I will have to report back in a month or so. First 200 miles were Raleigh NC to Suffolk VA. Lots of flat here on the coastal plain. 75 degree temps outside help too.
Deb did gun it a few times but no real "fun". Significant amount of cruise control. 75 mph on the NC interstates and 63 mph on VA58. I wish I figured the average speed for the trip but forgot to. It was at least 60 mph average probably close to 63 or 64.

I will have to report back in a month or so. First 200 miles were Raleigh NC to Suffolk VA. Lots of flat here on the coastal plain. 75 degree temps outside help too.
Deb did gun it a few times but no real "fun". Significant amount of cruise control. 75 mph on the NC interstates and 63 mph on VA58. I wish I figured the average speed for the trip but forgot to. It was at least 60 mph average probably close to 63 or 64.

It would interesting to see what your energy usage would be taking hilly I85 to I95....

I've been consciously trying to get my watt-hours per mile down, and I tend to be a conservative driver in any case. Thus far for 689 miles of mostly highway driving, I'm averaging 339 wh/mile. I completed about a 100 mile trip today with an average of under 300 wh/mile. This is in my 90D with 20" wheels traveling at between 62 and 65 mph with two small town stints in between.