Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X battery drain in park totally off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First night having my Model X. Parked in garage and charged to 315 miles . Overnight I saw the available miles go from 315 to 302 . I have sentry mode enabled but nothing has caused an event while in my garage. Is it normal for the battery to loose charge overnight ? Thirteen miles seems like allot to loose overnight.

‘Thanks

Yes phantom drain is normal maybe 2-3 miles overnight ..sentry mode does cause a lot of phantom drain as well as cabin pre conditioning which probably explains ur drain ..also if cold expect some phantom drain as well

When I first got my X (first EV), I liked the charge level displayed as miles but read to change miles display to %. Seemed weird but when I started seeing the same chunks of phantom drain mileage drop like you note and also getting frustrated when I drove 30 miles but the battery display reduced by 40 miles of range, I took the advice and changed it to % display and thought of it more like how you do your phone battery level. I recommend doing the same and you’ll feel better for a variety of reasons. For range remaining estimates, use the projections based on avg/recent consumption in the energy app.

In terms of the good ol phantom drain though, I’ve found that if it sleeps properly and isn’t too hot or cold (sound like you are in a garage so should be decent depending on where in the country you are) you won’t lose more than a percent or so in 24 hrs.

Reactions: P85_DA
Sentry is the culprit. Even if it doesn't detect anything, it needs to keep the sensors/cameras active and looking for motion. This causes higher than normal battery drain.

My Model S charges each night to 301 miles (90%). In the morning, it will be down to 293, 292, etc.. regardless of whether Sentry catches anything. Because I leave my car in my driveway, I've decided to live with the drain but if it was in my garage, I would probably disable Sentry.

Just some food for thought.