TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Battery Upgrade

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Illead, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Illead

Illead Member

What is involved with upgrading a Model X battery capacity? Currently I get about 318 km of charge when fully charged. I have a 60D.

2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Does your MyTesla area on the tesla.com site show you can upgrade to a 75D? Then I think you just give them a credit card and they do it in a few minutes over the air. Recent youtube video on this showing the whole thing actually.

3. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

5 minutes, a credit card and $4500USD on my tesla.

4. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

Mine took much longer than 5 minutes. At least 3 to get onto the website, click to upgrade and ask my wife if we should.

It was another 4 at least before the car rebooted and showed 75D.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. jajabor

jajabor Member

At least, Tesla makes it easier to upgrade now. Back in 2013 I upgraded my MS60 battery pack to 85kWh. It took 7 days and $20k.