Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Black T emblems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only ended up using the Black Chrome for the rear trunk

The fitment is okay. I will need to take pictures when I get a chance to explain

I kept the front T and did not change it. Changing the front T won't be noticed at all. Just keep it oem

I ended up keeping the extra Ts that I bought

I bought the full black front emblem offered by Emblems Only and it was very easy to install. Agree that the rear emblem isn’t be best fit - doesn’t quite match the curve and the black is too flat for the surrounding finishes. I originally ordered the front overlay but it was just too small. Full replacement costs more but is the way to go. It definitely improves the look and looks great.

I'm intrigued but not completely sold on blacking out the emblems. Does anyone with a black MX + black emblems post some photos?
This was done when I had my MSM MX chrome-delete done. You can see some specks of chrome where it is starting to fail, but other than that I really like the black.

Attachments

• 2D0F2C8B-CF66-42F4-B8CD-EA574CAB73E7.jpeg
    2D0F2C8B-CF66-42F4-B8CD-EA574CAB73E7.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 199
  • C5CDE792-0FEF-4387-BA98-6E49954AB26F.jpeg
    C5CDE792-0FEF-4387-BA98-6E49954AB26F.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: cookiefactory
Little late but I just use plastidip for both my wife's MX and my MS. Even with Glossifier as a last coat, it still looks matte which I'm ok with. It's easy and can be peeled off if you decide you don't want it. Wife's MX is white and my S is red. All chrome delete for both cars.

I just replaced my painted-but-chipped front T with a fresh one from emblemsonly. Looks great! (Don't get distracted by the dead bugs.)
I'll be interested to know how well the emblemsonly one holds up for you. I bought a matte black one from them a couple months back, and am on my 3rd one. The first one they sent was scratched already so they sent a replacement - within a couple weeks the black paint was flaking off and you could see the chrome underneath (and this is just normal driving, no off reading, didn't wash the car, there was maybe some light rain). They replaced that with a new one that they said used a new and better primer and different top clear coat that was supposed to improve durability. But just like the previous badge, within 2 weeks it was flaking off already. They went dark after I emailed them about this 3rd badge having issues. My credit card company refunded me immediately when I contacted them about this.

It was really disappointing because I have a rear metal badge from emblems only that has held up over a year through 4 seasons and looks brand new still.