Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X body production shot from Line 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol, dick move!

20996545125_a281d21903_b.jpg

im going with 95% sure X. now get that configurator online!

Thinking the same thing... and I was busy photoshopping while you typed that. I do not think there is any place where a cross-brace would go... it all looks like a long smooth "A Pillar."

View attachment 92392

If you look at the Model S Body In White there is an obvious cross-brace.

View attachment 92393

Huh. I would have pegged that for the rear of the car. I put the robot welding to the right of your blue circle in the area where the spoiler might be.

All it takes is for one robot to have a little glitch and you end up with a can of worms... all the robot arms twisted together embracing the twisted aluminum body of what was formerly a car.
in simple terms, robots function in code. functions include sensors that cross check that everything (such as time & motion & work) is done w/in requisite parameters. code parameter assurance code is then made redundant as well. movements / work not completed w/in the windows written into the code cause the entire system to fault / shut down. iow, your not looking at a bunch of marching band members that can trip over each other once that 1st person trips over their tuba or their own spats.
;)
How do the robots keep out of each other's way?
. . . . it's magical !!

Well, it's a bit more simple (and dull) than that. These kind of robots work and move in a predestined way. Every movement is programmed and known in advance, so all moving parts of the robots (i.e. the programmes) "know" where all the others are at any given time.

If the program works the first time without any collision, they will work the second, third, fourth, ......, time (until something breaks).

Well, it's a bit more simple (and dull) than that. These kind of robots work and move in a predestined way. Every movement is programmed and known in advance, so all moving parts of the robots (i.e. the programmes) "know" where all the others are at any given time.

If the program works the first time without any collision, they will work the second, third, fourth, ......, time (until something breaks).

Yes, all the above commentary was about if something breaks. You want that to result in things shutting down smoothly, not wrecking all the robots.